The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 111 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Okay, there may have been a few injustices along the way, but this is actually a bit on the legendary side. Now just cut Tangled and a couple more strays and we're left with an amazing crop for the Top 25.

Meanwhile, I'll be here with fingers permanently crossed for my 11 to make it to at least 20, after that I'm fine with it leaving.

Mina, GimmeWork and Animalia like this.
  2. "One Jump Ahead", yeah. Jerky, not as fun as it wants to be, and the lyrics... are so awkward.

I have to say, out of the last few Golden/Silver Age songs surviving, I was not expecting "Once Upon a Dream" to be one of them... not the worst situation, but over some of what's left? Also, some of the Renaissance stragglers really need to get out.

alanmr and Animalia like this.
  3. [​IMG]

*deep breath*

BLESS MY SOUL, HERC WAS ON A ROLL
    PERSON OF THE WEEK IN EVERY GREEK OPINION POLL
    WHAT A PRO! HERC COULD STOP A SHOW
    POINT HIM AT A MONSTER AND YOU'RE TALKING S-R-O
    HE WAS A NO ONE (A ZERO, ZERO)
    NOW HE'S A HONCHO, HE'S A HERO
    HERE WAS A KID WITH HIS ACT DOWN PAT
    FROM ZERO TO HERO IN NO TIME FLAT
    ZERO TO HERO

[​IMG]
    JUST

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    THAT

[​IMG]

Subwaykid, Serg., constantino and 9 others like this.
  4. The Golden Age with just 3 songs left is so wrong. They laid the foundation for all the following songs that most of you clearly do not deserve. It should hang on longer than anything from this millenium.

But I predict a mess.

funkyg, Mina, GimmeWork and 2 others like this.
  5. Get rid of all the post-Renaissance songs left to be honest.

6. Awwww, my poor Aladdin. But for a guy singing a song, he's done pretty well for himself by PJ standards. I can't complain!

I'm so glad they didn't introduce him with a ballad.

7. Those of you that love Tangled @aniraz sorry boo cover your ears.. I'm about to GO OFF!!

YOU ALL NEED TO WAKE UP!!! The fact that anything from the Renaissance is gone before the entirety of Tangled is nonsense! One Jump Ahead is probably the strongest opening number of any Disney film right behind Belle. Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King and The Little Mermaid have all been turned into successful Broadway shows! When will Rapunzel?!? Look it's a cute film and all but honestly my favorite characters are Maximus and Pascal. THE SIDEKICKS!!!

I do not and refuse to understand what is so great or original about yet ANOTHER blonde Disney princess movie where the sidekicks, Flynn and her mother all have better personalities than the main character herself. She's got about as much personality as Aurora who was asleep half of the movie!

I'll admit I may have a small bias because Tangled was the next Disney princess movie after Princess and the Frog and we ALL know how I feel about that masterpiece!!!! Tough act to follow!

End rant.

8. I knew this was going to be the response. Good spoiler though. Okay guys, #30 is one of 29 other songs.

GimmeWork and Animalia like this.
  9. (Okay I know what you mean but to be fair there hadn't been a blonde princess/protagonist in over fifty years before Rapunzel! She was only the fourth, as far as I can see.)

GimmeWork and aniraz like this.
  10. Well, yeah, Tangled isn't original, but it's another Ol' Reliable Disney Princess Musical done right (I'll take it over Frozen any day of the week, though Moana might surpass it) - can't say fairer than that, really. And the painterly look that they brought into the CGI never fails to floor me.

The advertising campaign was absolute crap, though.

GimmeWork likes this.
  11. Awwww, be nice to blonde princesses! *waves*

alanmr, Mina and GimmeWork like this.
  12. Wait a second, I'm typing my response. My feelings over this amazing fierce frying pan wielding princess being insulted is too much for my little heart.

13. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

On another side note Cinderella hair color changes depending where she is. In the movie its orange but then it switched dirty blonde at the parks/marketing and then on the redesign they made it straight blonde. Aurora was the first blonde!

funkyg and GimmeWork like this.
  14. Fifty years is not as long as Jasmine,Tiana, Mulan, Pocahontas or Moana had to wait. Just sayin'. Look I know Disney is trying to be more inclusive and I still enjoy Tangled. I just wish that if they were going to do another blonde that they gave her more personality. In my opinion she doesn't have 1/2 the personality found in Anna, Merida, Moana..etc I suppose at this point they have about as many red heads as they do blondes so at least they are being consistent.

ohnostalgia, alanmr and Animalia like this.
  15. I said cover your ears
    [​IMG]

16. Oh I was mostly just playing devil's advocate/stirring up debate 'cause I have to finish commentary for @DJHazey before starting the next elimination. I enjoyed Rapunzel's personality though, more so than Anna's anyway! I can't comment on Merida as I've never seen Brave, which probably sounds weird coming from a Scot but it looked... offensively terrible, not gonna lie.

17. Tangled embodies everything Disney; fierce princess finding her way in the world... she's so naive, and you laugh at all the mistakes she makes. But at the same time you can see why she makes them: she's stepped out of a tower after eighteen years being controlled by her mother and met this handsome man and everything is so colourful and she just makes such brave choices. And she DOES have personality! She is cautious and funny and falling in love after five seconds and really shows how strong she is when she confronts Mother Gothel! I'm rambling now but basically I love this movie so much. It's all those silly funny moments mixed in with the menacing ones that make such a good movie.

18. Overall (and despite the entire Hunchback soundtrack being gone too soon), this is a solid top 30!

These 9 are my only sub-7 scores remaining.

LKane, Animalia and GimmeWork like this.
  19. It's hard not to feel like Brave had too many expectations to live up to - being not only a Pixar film, but the Pixar film that proved they could recover artistically after Cars 2. But it's not bad, not spectacular certainly, but I enjoyed it. (I'd put it over A Bug's Life, the Cars movies, Monsters University and The Good Dinosaur, personally - sixth-worst Pixar movie is hardly a damning judgement, though.)

Also, you got a pretty country up there, the Scottish Highlands are a location that it's impossible to depict badly on film.

aniraz, Animalia and GimmeWork like this.
  20. Really hoping The Little Mermaid is the last film standing with all of it's songs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.