The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 124 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Let It Go was the runner up for my 11, but I'm not really too bothered by its placing, I know you guys consider a lot of Renaissance tracks as the second coming of Jesus in song form, and the whole overplayed angle made me believe it would be leaving sooner than it should, so I'm just glad it didn't crash and burn. Small wonders and whatnot.

EDIT: I'm playing it classy but a part of me is @Robsolete's post.

A true PopJustice.

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Frankly, #23 for Let It Go IS crash and burning.

3. Honestly, with the amount of hate I've seen for it, I kind of expected it to go right after we were done vanquishing racism.

4. We're not GP, so it's not.

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  5. I'm...okay with this actually. I expected worse. Wouldn't loved Top 20 despite me saying I demanded Top 10 for it, the list of songs that will make the Top 10 just aren't going to be beaten by something as polarizing around here as this.

However, I'm not okay with this.

I really hope you guys aren't rooting for Zero to Hero, that's all I'm going to say.

6. [​IMG]

Bish, watch your tone, she's one of the greatest power ballads artists of our generation.

Are we?

[​IMG]

7. So I was super-fortunate to see Idina Menzel in Wicked on Broadway back in 2004 during the end of her run (she was playing opposite Megan Hilty that night, before she became well-known for Smash). Idina sounded absolutely amazing live that night. As a vocalist, though, she runs into issues with her tone, especially in her belt range where the high notes in "Let It Go" and "Defying Gravity" sit. I've never cared for the studio version of "Let It Go" mostly for that reason (the other being how overexposed it is).

Aester and Animalia like this.
  8. We are.

[​IMG]

Hazie, I never would've pegged you for a Demi Lovato Stan, I'm a bit shook.

Animalia, DJHazey and Mina like this.
  9. Serving up the Poot, I love it! Definitely the Illuminati's Demi replacement.

I'll end by saying something nice: I enjoy the lyrical tweaks made in Demi's "Let It Go" cover - probably better lyrics than the original.

10. Aw I was expecting it to go way earlier so I can't complain with it going now.

11. @Animalia I love this rate so much but had to update my avatar, I couldn't resist showing people how pretty I looked at London Pride this year.

GimmeWork, munro, send photo and 3 others like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Moderator

YAS so good to see Let It Go go!

send photo, Animalia and Mina like this.
  13. Well, Here We Go Again and Don't Forget to lesser extent are teen-pop perfection. She has continually lost her way since, despite still pumping out some incredible highs along the way though I do enjoy most of her last two albums (hate most of Unbroken). I used to be a bit more of stan than I am now, but I'll always have her back.

14. I don't necessarily dislike her, but I'm not a huge fan, although I'll admit she can serve a good bop every once in a while. Kingdom Come is a 10 to me.

GimmeWork, Animalia and DJHazey like this.
  15. Oh no shade intended, I just wasn't expecting to see her name mentioned! I'm still mad I joined the forum after voting for your Avril rate closed, I'm With You was robbed.

funkyg, constantino, Mina and 5 others like this.
  16. She stans trash, we been knew x

alanmr likes this.
  17. OK but now you've waived your right to complain about screechy vocals with regards to "Zero to Hero".

(I kid, mostly, I like some of Demi's tunes.)

alanmr, Animalia and DJHazey like this.
  18. Not all that surprised that Let It Go didn't make the top 20. I mean it's likely to win Disney song rates for decades to come that are run by the younger generation (I mean can you imagine how iconic a song that was this popular when you were 5 yrs old would be to you when you're 20?) so it's nice that our older taste get's to put it in it's place while we can.

19. Whoop, y'all did Let It Go bit dirty.

GimmeWork, DJHazey, Animalia and 2 others like this.
  20. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Let It Go not being the top 21st century song feels wrong. How Far I'll Go is just alright. I am Moana is excellent though.

I am really glad the Disney version was the one that became hit. Most of pop cover ones in 90's were a bit pointless.

Animalia and Ironheade like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.