The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 138 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Why are ya'll doing Lion King like this.

2. it is an earworm!

No pressure @Animalia, your effort is really appreciated.

stuaw, kalonite, Animalia and 4 others like this.
  3. What a wonderful phrase!

Take your time @Animalia, I get to be Tinkerbell longer that way! *hugs*

stuaw, kalonite, Animalia and 4 others like this.
  4. One more step and all Mermaid songs make top 15. Legends only!

5. My mum was watching a TV quiz game show thing with her new boyfriend at the time and the question was "What does Hakuna Matata translate to in English". She of course knew the answer (yas queen) and her boyfriend (unfamiliar with Disney, don't worry, I insisted she dump him immediately) was convinced that she could speak Swahili! Mummy Something, bilingual kween.

stuaw and Animalia like this.
  6. I'm all for the Little Mermaid domination but Hakuna Matata is better than Under the Sea so this placement is all wrong.

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  7. And we're back! No worries @Animalia , life comes first.

By the way, ouch. I think I was way too harsh there, actually, because I don't care much for Timon and Pumbaa as characters, but it's not that bad. Still, there's just this air of kiddie-flick trashiness to it that I don't enjoy. But if nothing else, that shot of Simba growing up as they cross the bridge is one of my favourite shots from the film, for whatever that's worth.

(And as a devoted lover of The Young Ones, I wish they had got Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson in!)

8. NO need to apologize darling! Health comes first! We love and appreciate you and the amazingness of this rate and always want you to do you FIRST! Hugs! Many Many HUGS!

THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME!

[​IMG]

aniraz, Mina, kalonite and 3 others like this.
  9. Because it's sink or swim time and the cat is sinking the the mermaid is swimming!
    [​IMG]

aniraz, Mina, Animalia and 2 others like this.
  10. [​IMG]

Mina, Animalia and Holly Something like this.
  11. The Little Mermaid is far and away the worst drivel left here.

Animalia likes this.
  12. Reported.

13. Fixed.

GimmeWork, Mina and Animalia like this.
  14. I haven't figured it out, is it still in?

Mina likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

stuaw, ohnostalgia, LKane and 8 others like this.
  16. I can't see what image you posted because I'm at work, but I'm sure it's shady and seeing how you didn't like my 'fixed' but liked the post above it that dragged The Little Mermaid.

[​IMG]

Holly Something and Animalia like this.
  17. It's like... y'all needed a lot of extra watered down mess during your childhoods. And like constantly living through Ursula seems a bit trite at this point.

18. I don't know what this means but you said watered down (insert illegal smiling emoji here).

19. OH NO I just realised while writing up the next film that I totally forgot to put @Stradiwhovius' commentary for Tangled in the post, I'm so sorry! I'll post it here and edit it into the write-up now:

Stradiwhovius:

A movie is usually only as good as it's villain and Mother Gothel is serving that immortal Cher aesthetic alongside some deliciously evil parental abuse. Queen of narcissism and deceit. All things Flynn Rider, with his juvenile "cool" name and lowkey unconvincing skill, is a bit of a weakness but still.

GimmeWork, LKane, aniraz and 6 others like this.
  20. Yes! But for how much longer....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.