The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 142 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

stuaw, alanmr, MollieSwift21 and 3 others like this.
  2. SCREAMING.

Animalia and GimmeWork like this.
  3. More like poor my little girl self. I used to skip that part and/or literally go hide.

4. Well now that I've lost my 11 and there's still 14 left I'm just gonna chill and watch this unfold like...

[​IMG]

stuaw, Animalia and Holly Something like this.
  5. Cancel the rest of the rate.

I'm disgusted.

6. [​IMG]

= 14th

[​IMG]

Frozen (2013)

4 Points: @alanmr, @aniraz
    3 Points: @Stradiwhovius
    1 Point: @MamaHazey

June, 2013 – Five Months To Release.

It begins. This teaser trailer marks the world’s first look at Disney’s new animated feature. Almost everyone thinks it looks a bit shit, but somewhere out there, a fifteen year old who runs a Tumblr blog dedicated to hipster edits of Disney princesses starts to feel a bit light-headed. Patient Zero confirmed.

August, 2013 – Three Months To Release.

Bootleg recordings of the premiere of “Let It Go” at D23 Expo are met with almost unanimous praise as the general public are informed that Rachel’s mum from Glee is actually quite famous in her own right. The song somehow becomes an international phenomenon before it’s even officially released.

October 21st, 2013 – One Month To Release.

Demi Lovato releases a cover of “Let It Go” as a promotional single for the film. No one cares.

November 27th, 2013 – Release Day.

Frozen launches in the US to almost comically massive success, earning over $110 million dollars in its opening weekend alone. Critics and laymen across the globe herald it as the greatest Disney film since the Renaissance – people with an ounce of taste and decorum about them become agitated, knowing that Wreck-It Ralph deserved these accolades.

December 6th, 2013

Frozen is released in the UK. @kalonite & I go to see it as one of our first ever dates. I love Disney, he loves Christmas – it’s a perfect storm. We both leave the cinema ranting and raving about how much we loved it.

December 13th, 2013

We go see Frozen in the cinema again. Still amazing.

December XX, 2013

Frozen is inescapable. It’s only been out for a few weeks and it’s already on track to be the highest-grossing film of the year. Every store in every shopping centre in every town in every country is plagued with small children dressed as Anna and Elsa, screaming along as “Let It Go” and “Do You Wanna Build A Snowman” play on a never-ending loop. I go see the film twice more over the Christmas period, with different people. The sheen begins to wear off; I start to find the characters and the soundtrack slightly irritating. I blame temporary “overexposure”, believing things would be back to normal soon.

Oh, if only I had known.

December 1st, 2014 – One year since release.

It’s dark. Quiet. The streets are empty; buildings usually aglow with Christmas decorations and fairy lights at this time of year are boarded up, derelict. What should have been a seasonal inconvenience somehow became a yearlong worldwide epidemic, and it shows no signs of slowing down. It’s already the highest-grossing animated film of all time; the ninth highest-grossing film of all time. The soundtrack is #1 on the 2014 Billboard year-end chart, beating Beyoncé and Taylor Swift. The situation will only worsen with the Christmas period around the corner again. No one dares leave their homes for fear of infection.

They call it… Frozen Fever. Symptoms include an increased susceptibility to embarrassing Winter-themed Facebook memes and an uncontrollable urge to burst into “Let It Go” at a moment’s notice.

There is no cure.

Is this the end?

October 12th, 2017 – Three years, ten months and fifteen days since release.

I have to go outside today. Food supplies are running dangerously low. Almost four years and three Disney Classics later… is it finally safe? Will I be able to cross the road without imagining Elsa’s hauntingly pale visage staring me down? Can I survive the ten-minute walk without bumping into small children dressed in that costume with matching backpack? Will I be able to hear a piano-lead intro to a song without being attacked by memories of Adele Dazeem’s caterwauling? I have no choice. I text my family, tell them I love them. I take a deep breath. I go outside.

Asda feels… colder than I remember. I brush it off at first, reminding myself that it’s October, in Scotland, and I’m standing in the frozen produce isle. I’m overthinking it. Shopping done, I head towards the checkout. I turn the corner. I drop my basket. I fall to my knees, screaming in agony as my worst fears are realised. ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's never going to end.

Addendum: TODAY - OCTOBER 15TH, 2017

WE WENT TO SEE BLADE RUNNER THIS AFTERNOON AND CINEWORLD WERE FUCKING PLAYING FUCKING LET IT GO IN THE FOYER GODDAMMIT

[​IMG]

Stradiwhovius:

I know, I know, call me a basic. But despite the saturation of promotion, there is a great film here. Outstanding critique of the cliché of true love, the value of forms of love other than romantic, and how villains are made. And by all the saints, Olaf wasn't even annoying!

alanmr:

All put together, I’ve probably written around thirty-seven pages about this movie and/or its songs for this rate, so I’ll abstain from writing yet another essay on it, suffice to say that I fully believe it’s deserving of every bit of success it has received since its release, and I won’t hear a word otherwise.

stuaw, funkyg, Lost Boy and 20 others like this.
  7. Um, this is amazing.

I still haven't actually seen Frozen, but it's so, so pretty.

Also, poor Demi.

8. Incredible style to that writeup.

9. Brilliant write up!

This type of over exposure is what makes me thankful that Disney doesn't seem to rush their sequels. If they wait at least 10 yrs to release the Frozen sequel I think it will be the perfect amount of time to let some nostalgia build so that we can try to be excited for it. That being said I'm an automatic fan of anything involving Kristen Bell so I never stood a chance anyway.

Animalia, alanmr and Holly Something like this.
  10. Same. When I first heard she was a lead voice in an animated Disney feature I prayed to the gay gods that it wouldn't flop... Basically what I'm saying is that I am responsible for the success of the film.

Animalia, alanmr and GimmeWork like this.
  11. Kii! Are you a Marshmellow too?

Animalia and Holly Something like this.
  12. Applause for the writeup.

What do I think of Frozen? ...Yeah, it's pretty good. And, um, that's about as far as my opinion goes, really. (Also FUCK OLAF)

Animalia, alanmr and GimmeWork like this.
  13. Frozen is just...a bit too safe and vanilla for my liking A.K.A not gay enough.

Animalia, sfmartin and GimmeWork like this.
  14. Never saw it. @Animalia perfectly detailed my struggle to escape the menace.

15. [​IMG]

16. That writeup.

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  17. Yep.

18. [​IMG]

Animalia and Holly Something like this.
  19. I saw a Halloween store street waving person wear an Olaf costume today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.