The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. A whole wall? I love it.

DJHazey likes this.
  2. I will do this only to stan for Hercules.

3. [​IMG]

No but really I hope you can find the inner fortitude to make it through. I trust your taste.

4. [​IMG]

GimmeWork, Animalia and AlmightyAloud like this.
  5. I'm considering climbing aboard this bandwagon, but my lifelong detachment from Disney classics might hinder my enjoyment and what I'd have to say about the tracks. On the other hand, if y'all are looking for the coveted rate villain spot, I might put in the effort.

Anyways,

I'm just proud I had a hand in making this happen, teebs. <3

6. I might have to give all Lion King songs 10s because its soundtrack was all I ever listened to as a kid. I think if I dig in my memory deep enough I might come up with embarrassing Lion King-related stories from my childhood.

7. Crying.

So blessed I am part of the forum when this starts.

8. R92

R92

I can't wait for "What Made The Red Man Red" to get a 0 average.

9. You know, I may give this a chance. Early 40's Disney REPRESENT! (Go bite me, Renaissance.)

Animalia likes this.
  10. Yas can't wait to watch all the good will @send photo has built up over the past few months disappear into the fiery bowels of oblivion after y'all see some of these scores.

GimmeWork, K94, Slice of Life and 5 others like this.
  11. Hmmm, just be glad you're so cute xx

Slice of Life and send photo like this.
  12. *laces fingers*

Okay, let's do this.

*evil smile*
    [​IMG]

Animalia and send photo like this.
  13. Ooh! Ooh! I call Gaston!

(Beauty and the Beast will probably make my top 5 movies, by the by - probably the only Renaissance one that will - if only to wash the bad taste of live-action out of my mouth.)

Animalia, send photo and alanmr like this.
  14. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss

DJHazey and Animalia like this.
  15. Fuck me, this is going to be so hard. Prepare for A LOT of 10's!

Animalia likes this.
  16. Yeah I'm out

Remorque likes this.
  17. If you don't vote and anything pre-1988 ends up winning, I will hold you personally responsible.

All opinions are welcome, though.

[​IMG]

18. Question - why wasn't Something There included?

Mvnl likes this.
  19. Yeah, the great minds of the Internet tell me that I probably should have more affection for the Renaissance, that being my generation, but... nah, even as a kid it was the first five to come from Walt's mind that captivated me. That said, the Renaissance films will probably do quite well with me in this rate... y'know, Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, can't go wrong. (Where's "The Bells of Notre Dame"?!)

Animalia likes this.
  20. In all seriousness though, I genuinely am excited to see some more... unusual opinions. As long as good taste prevails in the end.

OH, yes. After lots of to-ing and fro-ing, I decided it's basically just the same song as Belle but with worse lyrics and a terrible Beast verse thrown in for no reason. If anyone really wants to, they can include it in their score/commentary for Belle, I guess!

And similar reasoning applied to The Bells of Notre Dame, @Ironheade - as fantastic as it is, there's not much in there that isn't already covered by Topsy Turvy and Heaven's Light/Hellfire, so in the interest of keeping the song list below triple figures, it ended up getting cut m'fraid.

Holly Something and Ironheade like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.