The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Problematic or not this song is just annoying as hell. It's memorable, but that's all it got going for it.

send photo and Animalia like this.
  2. Let me not pour some hot tea out of rage for losing this, cause it will be a mess.

After @Animalia explained how it is racist I understand the reason why as I honestly didnot see it before.

3. Yeah I gave it a 10 at first but then @Animalia explained for me how the song and characters are racist and I changed my score.

Is there any racist songs left at this point??

Animalia and kalonite like this.
  4. Nothing nearly as bad, but When I See an Elephant Fly has its issues with using harmful stereotyping.

5. One zero down, three to go!

Animalia likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Yeah. After that one's out things start to get sorta interesting. With most artist rates the order is vaguely clear, but it's not like we discuss Disney songs on a daily basis and everyone seems to have their own favourite movies.
    I suppose the few tracks that are barely full songs might be the next ones to go.

Animalia likes this.
  7. Oh I didn't know this and gave it 1/10. Dumbo soundtrack wasn't good in general. I didn't give any of its songs higher than a 5.

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Yeah, I grew up with that movie, but its songs are certainly prove nostalgia can't save everything.

Animalia and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  9. This is very true! The Siamese Cat Song was the one I was most interested in, because I could really see people having loved that as a kid, whereas the other two are pretty bad songs regardless. I'm impressed that two of the three have gone out first!

It's gonna be crazy, because when you think of it, there are so many songs that you would immediately say need to be top 10. But there's about 30 of them.

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Yeah, well based on a previous rate and a few movies/songs that transcended generations I have a feeling of a few songs I'm willing to put money on making the top 10 (the ones that were 'singles' have a slight advantage as well I think), but I really hope there'll be loads of surprises!

Animalia likes this.
  11. Well, the first two eliminations went down as expected, the next is when things start getting interesting, since I have no idea what will be cut.

Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  12. THE DUFF SISTERS SLAAY, NOT SORRY!

It's no

though.

(any excuse, etc.)

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. Almost there with #93! Any guesses?

LKane and send photo like this.
  14. According to my personal ranking, it would be I'll Make a Man Out of You, but I'm more than okay with either Fixer Upper or Someday My Prince Will Come biting the dust next, teebs.

16. I didn't realize I gave it a grade that put it so low, tbh, otherwise I would have bumped it up a little. I just didn't care for it, I don't think it's actively horrible or anything.

17. I feel like it's not particularly spoilery to reveal that it's... not that.

18. I actually really love the instrumental for "We Are Siamese" (I like to slink around to it myself), but the lyrics = YIKES. Terrible.

Animalia likes this.
  19. Get out.

Robsolete, Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  20. I hope the next song out is from Tarzan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.