The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 41 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The golden era has a few proper classics (which reminds me: how was Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo excluded?), especially the ones that are still used for the intro of classics and as score for all kind of things Disney.
    Those deserve to do well, even if Snow White & Aurora's voices do my ears in.

MollieSwift21 likes this.
  2. My lowest scores left are Best Of Friends and The Unbirthday Song, so I hope they're the next.

Yeah I also have problems with the translated version of the songs, but at least the Dutch or Portuguese versions (for example) are the same song with only translated lyrics right? But in here, they usually replace the song with another song in Persian that suits the scene/the movie, which is the reason why I was unfamiliar with most of these songs before this rate and why I don't have that nostalgic feeling or childhood attachment that many of you have (and an excuse for my questionable scores).

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Wait, what... how?
    Are you sure you didn't grow up with bootlegs?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did they just throw in random (existing) songs? Was it even remotely lipsync?
    Any links to examples from youtube?

LKane, Ironheade and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  4. There's no accent in the Portuguese one, actually. The voice that is extremely grating. I think @alanmr can agree with me.

Animalia likes this.
  5. I definitely do, voice work like this is one of the reasons why I wasn't into Disney movies growing up.

Also, Dumbo made me cry.

eccentricsimply and Animalia like this.
  6. They actually used to compose new (creepy) songs and they didn't care if it doesn't match the scenes. I just had a quick search and seems like they finally put the actual songs with translated lyrics for the more recent movies like Frozen and Moana. And for the links that you asked, YouTube is banned here (our government is protecting us hehe) so there are no links of them, I afraid.

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Wow, how random. Banning Youtube is one thing, but replacing Disney songs is straight up criminal.

Remorque, LKane, alanmr and 1 other person like this.
  8. It wasn't!

Right, we'll have one more elimination tonight, before I finally give in to @kalonite's week-long mission and watch Alien. That'll be a bit of a change in tone. The #92 spot switched hands a lot after the bottom three were set in stone, it was one of the most interesting spots to watch!

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

My money's on the cats piano song.
    Or something so forgettable I forgot it's in the running.

10. ALADDIN AND THE ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME. Right, I'm dead. And... is Jasmine alright there? Her face is messed up. Also, I Google Translated the back of that """Lion King""" one... it doesn't seem to say anything about any actual plot, except that "Kimba" has to "follow exciting moments" when the "blue lion is signaled"? Enh...

Ahh, mockbusters. I love 'em to pieces. (Stupid grandparents, getting you the Golden Films direct-to-VHS Pinocchio instead of the Disney one...)

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The Lion King one is being so clever with 'Kimba' and the title being 'Lion And King' (in dutch Leeuw En Koning, while Lion King is translated as Leeuwenkoning). I'm sure we also had things like Alladin and Pacohontas or something like that.

(I just noticed this is actually 'Leeuw En Koning II' which explains the plot change)

alanmr and Ironheade like this.
  12. Wait... is Abu... a loaf of bread with a face?

ohnostalgia, Mikl C, Daniel! and 3 others like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Maybe it's also a ripoff of the Brave Little Toaster? (which must be one of the worst and most random Disney movies ever)
    Also, of course Yasmine's a blonde.

Mina and alanmr like this.
  14. This is all so bad it becomes amazing.

Ironheade, Mina and Mvnl like this.
  15. I was wondering if that was some weird version of Genie that's just a head or something. Whaa...

I remember we had one of Jetlag Productions' many Japanese-American coproduction mockbusters - the cheapo version of The Jungle Book, namely. This one:

[​IMG]

...GAH, Mowgli's face! And Bagheera... what exactly is he looking at... Yeah, from what I recall, the songs were really, really awful and the voice acting was shite - from a cast including Garry Chalk, the one-time voice of Optimus Prime, no less! And Shere Khan had an eyepatch. Er... (We had Disney's Jungle Book on VHS, too, so why my parents decided to get this one I have no clue.)

Mvnl likes this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Poor poor grandparents going out for gifts...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Oh sure, let's collect THOSE)

17. Where did Baroon's second arm come from?!?

Remorque, Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Did you mix up Baloo's name or was he actually called Baroon in this version?

19. An anime tea.

Remorque likes this.
  20. All of these are utterly tragique, but this one is inexcusable....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.