The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 57 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Ouch! Though looking back, it was my lowest scored song from the musical masterpiece that is Hunchback.

Animalia likes this.
  2. Ouch! That hurt.

Animalia likes this.
  3. It's about damn time we started cutting Hunchback songs out. Those and most of Hercules can all start marching out one by one.

[​IMG]

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  4. Beautifully write up though @Animalia, so I do feel an itsy bitsy amount of guilt.

Animalia likes this.
  5. I am wounded by this.

Cosign.

GimmeWork and DJHazey like this.
  6. [​IMG]

stuaw, Mikl C, constantino and 6 others like this.
  7. Yes, but it seems like you'll be getting ample opportunities for revenge.

[​IMG]

Mina likes this.
  8. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I rebuke this.

stuaw, Mikl C, constantino and 10 others like this.
  9. Eh, I'm not too pressed, but the writeup made me see a lot of new shades to it, so in my heart I scored it a bit higher.

Animalia likes this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Seconded. I might love it more because of playing that soundtrack all year and knowing all characters from my greek/latin classes, but the Muses rock.

stuaw, Animalia, alanmr and 1 other person like this.
  11. MollieSwift21

Hunchback is the worst musical of the Renaissance but the storytelling and animation is really great in it.

12. In all of 59 pages I have not yet stanned once for my #1 Disney movie (and recipient of my 11). Hopefully it remains unscathed for quite a while longer.

13. @Animalia I couldn't take part because I had my exams the week this was due but i'm keeping up and loving every minute!

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Nope, Bells, Hell Fire and Out There are all brilliant.
    It was odd how the single was a song not in the movie though. Was Someday supposed to be a song in the movie at some point? Is it the Hunchback's If I Never Knew You?

Animalia likes this.
  15. I feel guilty about this one.. And my score wasn't even that low for the song :(

Animalia and Mina like this.
  16. MollieSwift21

Which would you but below it though?

17. Awesomely written up @Animalia , but it ain't changin' my mind. I just don't like the gargoyles in general - the most obvious symptom of the film's many severe tonal clashes - and "A Guy Like You" is decent, I guess, but well out of place in the rest of the score. I'm not too fussed about it going. (Rhyming "Adonis" with "croissant is" is pretty cool, though.)

Animalia likes this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm not entirely sure what the renaissance is since this topic suggests it ends with Pocahontas, but from my own definitions Mulan and Tarzan rank below it. Also the Little Mermaid.
    But since probably none of those are considered renaissance features I suppose Hunchback is one of the 'lesser' ones. It just feels so wrong to see it like that, because for me both musically and otherwise it's completely up there with The Lion King, Hercules, Pocahontas, Aladdin and Beauty & The Beast.

Animalia likes this.
  19. Nah, usual definitions have it from Little Mermaid through Tarzan (the Renaissance features just got split up for "period" balance, I think). My choice would be that Hunchback has the best score and Beauty and the Beast has the best songs, for the record.

Animalia, LKane and Mvnl like this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Taking that definition for me Beauty until Hercules are pretty much on par with each having their own qualities.
    Mulan has two standout songs but lacked a certain quality for me, and although I genuinely appreciate some of Phil Collins' work on Tarzan a movie with some allknowing narrator doing the singing just isn't the same for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.