The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. I am stanning on all sides for Beauty and the Beast. But not that sad with win from either Lion King, Aladin, Jungle Book. Not so fond of Little Mermaid.

Animalia likes this.
  2. Oh please God I hope not. I mean, it looks beautiful, it's nowhere near as dreadful as something like Robin Hood or Chicken Little, but I just find it dead boring really.

Animalia likes this.
  3. I don't think The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh stands much of a chance, but I'm voting for it! And I probably would have given 10s to "A Rather Blustery Day," "Heffalumps and Woozles," and "When the Rain Rain Rain Came Down" had they been included (though I can understand why they weren't--they're all pretty short). I sing them to myself all the time.

I agree that something from the 1989-1994 period will probably win film and song.

Animalia likes this.

4. It's on a Disney LP I had (well still have) as a child. I have no idea where it comes from, but needless to say it was my favourite song on the album.

Animalia likes this.
  5. Berries and fish... in a carrot stew? I'll pass thanks.

Also no one mentioned some of my favourite films so rate cancelled everyone go home.

6. I'd choke if someone didn't realize you were being sarcastic and had their ballot ready to send with tons of commentary, saw this and immediately deleted it from their hard drive without question.

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  7. I'm here to defend Lilo & Stitch to the bitter end, and y'all'd be dirty to not give Frozen all the 10s it deserves due to overexposure, For the First Time in Forever is that layered, joyful-but-sad bawp.

Fixer Upper and the Olaf trainwreck can go first, tho.

8. Don't put this out into the universe! I was definitely kidding on y'all please don't let this flop xo
    For The First Time In Forever's reprise is such a moment though, Adele Dazeem serving inner turmoil and vocals for days yas mama.

9. I just got my Let It Go commentary done (spoiler alert: this might get an 11), and I wrote Adele Dazeem before correcting myself. Truly a meme (and a song) for the ages.

10. [​IMG]

11. I'm going to post it on every page until everyone loves it.

Animalia likes this.
  12. How are you supposed to chose only 5 movies, ugh! Zootopia will get a slot on my list for sure. The best one in the recent times.

Animalia likes this.
  13. It's on the list of Disney movies I'll watch (sort of) for this rate, alongside Tangled and Moana.

Animalia likes this.
  14. I understand why Zootopia isn't in the rate, but just know Try Everything is 11 material.

Animalia likes this.
  15. I hope the only reason Wreck-It Ralph and Big Hero 6 aren't on that list is because you've already seen and love them. The non-musical side of Disney has a lot to offer!
    Honestly, I completely forgot about Try Everything until... now. But as a general rule I wasn't including pop songs that are played over film credits, otherwise we'd have the likes of Sting, Boyzone, Elton John, etc. clogging up the list and I don't think anyone would've been here for that.

DJHazey likes this.
  16. Try Everything also plays during the first 20 minutes of the movie, when Judy is on the train.

Lost Boy, DJHazey and Animalia like this.
  17. Precisely! I do think Big Hero 6 is somewhat weak, but I still love it and I definitely cried a bit when I watched it.

Animalia likes this.
  18. 10's Disney is a real up-and-down story, for me. I thought Moana pulled things back after two fairly minor entries - certainly it had better music to offer than Zootopia. (You don't fucking end an animated film with a dance party in 2016. No, genuinely. How dare you?)

But then, I'm one of those people who likes The Black Cauldron, so disregard anything I say in this thread as the ramblings of a diseased mind.

johnny_tsunami and Animalia like this.
  19. You not liking the best one? Groundbreaking.

20. The Black Cauldron is legitimately incredible though! Emotionally scarring and 100% unsuitable for the intended audience, but still incredible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.