The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. You guys really are terrible at this guessing lark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I’ve Got No Strings

Highest Score: 10 x1 (@iheartpoptarts)
    Lowest Score: 1 x2 (@Subwaykid, @ohnostalgia)
    My Score: 3

He’s a puppet! He’s a real boy! He’s a... donkey? Okay. I'll tell you all I know though - he’s a really fucking annoying singer. I guess we know where Brit got her inspiration for Private Show from, at least. Once again, we’re looking at an undeniable, stone cold classic that just hasn’t aged very well (we’re talking about the song now, y’all). Now, I haven’t seen Pinocchio in a long, long time and don’t really plan on changing that any time soon ‘cause my only memories of it are ones of boredom and horror, but as far as I remember, we’re looking at Pinocchio performing a song about not being a puppet… in a puppet show… because he’s magically no longer a puppet? I dunno about you but that seems like false advertising to me. Add it to the long list of Stromboli’s crimes I guess. Other actual-real-life-people that have tackled this choice number include Diana Ross & The Supremes, Barbara Streisand, and a motley crew of lip-syncing “A-list” [sic] celebrities for a Beats advert last year. It’s worth watching just to see Amber Rose fall over teebs. Speaking of desperate has-beens though, *NSYNC used to play the song as they “descended from the rafters” during their No Strings Attached tour, which sounds both creepy and embarrassing in equal measure. But who cares about all those flop covers/references when we’ve got that iconic Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer to celebrate? I’m not even a big Marvel fan but I was shook when I first saw it, lord’t.

“Love it!” GimmeWork exclaims, “It's iconic and has been referenced in tons commercials, movies, and media in general. A concept so universal that it has sold us our beats by dre, delivered us Justin Timberlake and his back up singers from the puppet master shadow of Lou Pearlman and even made Ultron feel like he had a chance against hottie Hemsworth and his band of less attractive superhero co-stars! What's not to love about this song?!?” Well… let’s ask Mina: “Annoying.” Oop. Well, at least constantino’s on board: “I refuse to allow Beats to cheapen this incredible soundtrack moment for me; the best song in the film by far. No tea but I’m sure this’ll resonate with a number of posters and so should do well”. I’m sure it did. Raichu? “Annoying as fuck.” OOP. MollieSwift21 has it backwards: “Starts off nice but loses it's pace when the other characters come in.”, which is nonsense ‘cause the Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova puppet appropriately steals the scene effortlessly.

[​IMG]

DJHazey would’ve preferred a solo bop from Pinocchio too, oddly enough: “Okay so this one is a little bop. I think other songs have either used lyrics and/or melodies from it too. (Actually I just realized Band Aid's theme song sounds familiar, what a mess) The opening verse in particular works wonders before it gets a tad...strange.” send photo is concerned for our sweet little wooden hero’s innocence: “Oh my god lady puppets he’s like 12.” There’s probably a ton of puppet jokes in there that a host with more creativity and less shame would touch, yikes. Moving on, LKane blames the real rate villain @FatherTime for the song’s diminishing returns: “This is the song that I used to like the most from Pinnochio… but again, things change when you grow up. Still, very catchy.”, and eccentricsimply comes at me with a similar point: “It's kind of unfair to rate these songs with the newest ones dddd” Yes, well, life’s unfair isn’t it. Just don’t be a painfully tuneless, creepy puppet and you’ll do just fine. To finish us up, we have two wildly differing views from two forum staples. Sprockrooster somehow comes to the conclusion that “This is partly such a sad song too.”, while lone high-scorer iheartpoptarts throws a pair of cute rose-coloured glasses: “Cutest, happiest song ever.” … Where though?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. Good riddance to the last crappy song from Pinocchio!

Aester, ohnostalgia, alanmr and 2 others like this.
  3. I think Wish You Upon A Star is still in!? But I agree, good riddance.

4. Yes, exactly!

5. Perfect Isn't Easy definitely didn't deserve to go when all of that generic crap from Tangled is still in.

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  6. Bah!

@Animalia Go see Pinocchio again, yo. For the animation, if nothing else - technically perfect all around. Plus it's a beautifully touching coming-of-age story and an incredibly fun adventure ("When You Wish Upon a Star"!), so y'know. Also, the horror is always the best part of Disney movies.

Animalia likes this.
  7. Uh, that was still in? But:
    OH MY GOD can I give @GimmeWork my 11 for this commentary? I nearly spat coffee all over my computer.

8. Do not even blaspheme the masterpiece that is Grammy Show with this nonsense.

Dangerous Maknae and Animalia like this.
  9. I'm definitely feeling @Number's Pokérate pain in not being able to get through a single elimination without a Drag Race reference nn whoops.

10. It's cute but I knew its days were numbered.

LKane and Animalia like this.
  11. I will I swear! The Princess and the Frog is really good by the way.

alanmr, GimmeWork and Animalia like this.
  12. This is going great so far, i'm stanning for a Poor Unfortunate Souls win.

Subwaykid, aniraz, Mina and 5 others like this.
  13. upload_2017-5-26_15-19-44.png

alanmr likes this.
  14. ME TOO!!!

But I'll settle for top 10

munro likes this.
  15. If it doesn't make Top 10 i'm coming to Edinburgh. @Animalia

DJHazey, Animalia, Mina and 2 others like this.
  16. He's totally guilty!

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  17. Wait. Have people here genuinely never watched The Emperor's New Groove????? I was obsessed with it and the TV show that came after that was shit but still a laugh.

Yzma is iconic.

18. Yes - I was like 13 when it came out. I think the last Disney movie I actually watched was Hercules? And I have no memories of it.

19. I was 20 when Moana came out and that didn't stop me from watching it???

20. In my case, I've never been much into movies. My mom used to take me when I was a kid to maybe 2-3 movies per year, but I think the last movie I saw in a theater was like Pride and Prejudice in 2005?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.