The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 93 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Your avatar is Elsa? Anna's sister? I wasn't being shady, it was a lighthearted joke.

DJHazey likes this.
  2. Same.

LKane and Animalia like this.
  3. Catching up on this now. I Wan’na Be Like You is the only loss that hurts a little.

Animalia likes this.
  4. ONE TWO THREE FOUR

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

FROM ALL OF US TO YOU

WE WISH IT WAS OUR BIRTHDAY

SO WE COULD PARTY TOO

[​IMG]

Happy bday @kalonite <3​

5. Robsolete, send photo, aniraz and 6 others like this.
  6. Ready for the rest of Jungle Book and Tarzan to gtfo!

7. nn real footage of us trying to bake a cake this afternoon.

[​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

9. Expectations:

[​IMG]

vs Reality:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sad to see God Help the Outcasts go so early - there are definitely things still in that should have been booted before it. Bye Hunchback. Hercules should still be intact too.

10. Oh wow. Better not ask who of you two is rolling through the dough then.

11. Are y'all ready to find out what the last song to miss out on the Top 40 is!? Exciting times!

12. Actually not because I fear it is painful. But bring it on nonetheless.

Animalia likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Star Is Born

Highest Score: 10 x1 (@kalonite), 9.5 x4 (@Mikl C, @Conan, @Raichu, @Animalia)
    Lowest Score: 0 x1 (@DJHazey), 2 x1 (@Sideout)
    My Score: 9.5

Oh wow. It’s kalonite’s birthday and you’re all forcing me to eliminate this before the Top 40 with his being the only 10. You’ve ruined everything with your terrible, terrible taste. I hope you’re all happy. Anyway, can we just take a second to appreciate the incredible, the immaculate, the iconic choir of muses? Y’all wish you had even an ounce of the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and TALENT that Calliope, Clio, Thalia, Terpsichore and Melpomene serve throughout the entire damn film. Tasha Cobbs who?? The Spice Girls were originally lined up to play the muses, y’know – I thank god every day of my life that touring schedules got in the way because that would have been a fucking disaster. The mere thought of it makes me slightly nauseous, honestly. Hercules’ soundtrack is chock full of overdramatic gospel greatness, and what A Star Is Born may lack in glitz and glamour compared to Zero To Hero, it more than makes up for in heart. It’s the perfect victory lap for the incredible journey, bursting with celebratory energy and soul at every overachieving note and wail. Speaking of which, I will never not laugh at that one muse dialling it up to 1000 for the line “his rising star is Capricorn” out of absolutely nowhere. Iconic. I just love this song, it’s like a rollercoaster of uplifting energy and elation except it’s not really a rollercoaster ‘cause there’s not really any respite or downside so it’s more like… a motorway? It’s the sonic equivalent of speeding down the motorway, top down, sipping Herculade and blasting your favourite Jesus bops at an unnecessary volume to celebrate having bested yet another vicious mythical hellbeast in hand to hand combat or something I dunno I got a bit lost halfway through that.

As if we needed any more evidence of DJHazey’s almost comical lack of taste, he hates the muses. Yep. Of course he does. “Take everything I said about Zero To Hero and use Copy+Paste. Thank You. The shrieking vocals, make it fucking stop. Oh good this was apparently when the movie ended.” I'll end you, cyst. Thankfully the rest of you are well-adjusted, reasonable human beings. MollieSwift21 calls it “A jam. Great way to end the film.”, while Sprockrooster proclaims that he’s “So here for these gospel anthems!” Raichu’s putting a praise on it, too: “Why do these Hercules song sound more Elton John-like than The Lion King’s? Anyway, I don’t know what else to say other than this is another gospel pop bop that hits it out of the park. I love the celebratory feel.” Preach! Was Hermes’ design based on Elton John though? I always assumed it was nn. LKane’s opinion is… controversial, but their heart’s in the right place: “For some reason this is the most catchy song of the women singing. Great track to close!” Nawt with I Won’t Say (I’m In Love) standing right there though. constantino has a theory: “Rumour has it that this song was inspired by the events of St Thomas’ hospital in London on the 2nd of June 1998. Allegedly.” C’mon delusions of grandeur! Nah kidding on, you’re a star bb. Of course, the best birthday gift I could give kalonite would be to award him the last word, so here’s the man of the hour! “A perfect, breakneck way to tie things up, and extra points for running out of words to rhyme with 'born' and actually going with 'forlorn'.”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  14. Well, not the best, not the worst. Outlasted more classics than it should have, but this feels like a decent position for it.

(PS. Hermes was based on David Letterman's sidekick Paul Shaffer, who also voices him. And it's pretty distracting, not gonna lie.)

Animalia and alanmr like this.
  15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When You Wish Upon A Star

Once Upon A Dream

Cruella De Vil

The Bare Necessities

Part of Your World
    Under The Sea
    Poor Unfortunate Souls
    Kiss The Girl

Belle
    Gaston
    Be Our Guest
    Beauty & The Beast

Once Jump Ahead
    Friend Like Me
    Prince Ali
    A Whole New World

Circle of Life
    I Just Can't Wait To Be King
    Be Prepared
    Hakuna Matata
    Can You Feel The Love Tonight?

Just Around The Riverbend
    Colours of the Wind

The Gospel Truth
    Go The Distance
    Zero To Hero
    I Won't Say (I'm In Love)

Honour To Us All
    Reflection
    I'll Make A Man Out Of You

You'll Be In My Heart

Almost There

When Will My Life Begin?
    Mother Knows Best
    I See The Light

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?
    For The First Time In Forever
    Let It Go

How Far I'll Go / I Am Moana
    You're Welcome

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

The only downside to this song for me is I played the soundtrack for months before the movie came out, so about 1 minute before the ending of the movie I was still all 'this is far from over yet, we still have a full song to go!!'. Cue about 30 seconds of said song and the movie was done with.

Animalia likes this.
  17. 2014

2014 Moderator

Aladdin could lose all its songs (bar the obvious one) - I just don't get that Hercules is losing tracks already.

Animalia likes this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Get out, leave right now!

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Imagine having 5 Spice Girl muses there too.. It would be as bad as 2 of the 7 dwarfs being voiced by our Bert & Ernie over here.

Animalia, LKane and Ironheade like this.
  20. That Golden Age killing is to massive. Better leave them all untouched before top 20.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.