The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 94 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. This is my favourite thing about all of Hercules. Such a nothing line, non-sensical line, but she fuckin GOES for it.

Animalia, GimmeWork and alanmr like this.
  2. Yeah, it definitely wouldn't have worked, Hercules was overstuffed with comedy schtick as it is and I reckon they would have pushed it even further in that direction than the already-comic Muses we got. You've got Danny DeVito basically parodying Mickey Goldmill, James Woods as a fast-talking-Hollywood-agent Hades (who is legendary, of course), Matt Frewer and Bobcat Goldthwait doing the broader bits as Pain and Panic, and then there's Hermes... at some point it all gets to be a bit much.

Holly Something likes this.
  3. What the fuck is this.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah yeah, I'm aware this is 'controversial' because everyone loves that one.
    It is a moment, I'll give it that. I'm just not such a fan of the singtalking style of it. I want huge musical numbers that got me singing along for days, or make me tear up every single time.
    This isn't it.

LKane and iheartpoptarts like this.
  5. Not gonna lie, I'd lowkey be here for replacing them with the Spice Girls! How 90s iconic.

DJHazey, LKane and GimmeWork like this.
  6. HIS RISING SIGN IS CAPRICORN

kalonite, Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  7. ALL of Tangled and The Bare Necessities need to be cut next!

Mina and alanmr like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Me and a friend once recorded a dutch version of The Gospel Truth for a musical about the life of another friend. Complete with 'adlibs'. Maybe @DJHazey should listen to that. He'll never call the muses painful shrieking after witnessing that.

DJHazey, Mina, alanmr and 1 other person like this.
  9. I reckon it's time for a Tangled song to go.

Mina, GimmeWork and alanmr like this.
  10. You do realize you're going to have to post this now, don't you?

MollieSwift21 and Animalia like this.
  11. 'Poor Unfortunate Souls' is the campest song of all time, you know full well it's making the Top 20 @Mvnl

12. I was referring to the gospel singers, not including Megara of course. :P

Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Had it just been me I might have. Not sure if I can do this to my friends.
    They must be soooo happy with me as a friend that we grew up pre-social media/Youtube.

Animalia and Ironheade like this.
  14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Wouldn't be the first time.
    I guess me not rating it is up there with me not caring much for dragqueens, with Ursula pretty much being one. I was about to say 'I don't like camp', but not with this avatar...

15. Ouch.

GimmeWork and Animalia like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh well, it's not like any of you know these people...

https://clyp.it/usqyeraw

Did I say too much?
    (I have to remind you: all of this happened over 15 years ago)

The 'show' also contained our very own versions of songs from Grease, Sound Of Music & Miss Saigon as well as several Steps songs. Oy vay indeed.

Mina, Animalia and Ironheade like this.
  17. The Shaggs are proud of you guys.

Mvnl likes this.
  18. SCREAM. Loving Big Spender at the end too.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I was about to take that as a compliment.. then I heard them... Wow. What even was that?
    At least with us it was just 2 teenagers making fun of their best friend on a CD for her birthday. (In hindsight: we were cruel to consider this a 'gift')

20. I gave I Wanna Be Like You a 7?!? (In retrospect, I'm shocked at my own generosity on this one.)

Animalia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.