The Disney Thread | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Dito for Germany, and I am still nervous about what will actually be on the there when it starts here.

Conan likes this.
  2. Help I can't make myself watch anything other than the X-Men animated series.

3. BTG

BTG

4. So, what are the projections for Frozen II's opening weekend? I'm really curious how much it will rake in.

Everywhere in toy stores, pharmacies, buses, etc. I see Frozen II.

5. Honestly the Lady is a Tramp is a great rework. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I could not get past watching a real dog with an animated mouth.

Did see Maleficent 2 this weekend though and enjoyed it more than the original, although the chapel scene was... dark

Holly Something likes this.
  7. Its really annoying cause I see Mandalorian spoilers everywhere which is super annoying.

They should have launched this with a lite version in Europe.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  8. 100-125M are current projections, but, they’re opening it pre-Thanksgiving weekend and with most schools off Weds-Fri plus the busy Black Friday shopping weekend, I bet it has a very small second week drop and clears 300-350M in those 9 days.

Sprockrooster, lushLuck and torontodj like this.
  9. I know I'm way late in the game but finally saw Coco. What a beautiful film and so powerful.

10. I need to rewatch it but I cried so much the first time that I'm apprehensive.

11. Remember Me destroyed my entire existence. Whew. We love a Pixar-induced emotional breakdown.

12. I didn't expect to be so moved. Can't believe I slept on it so long.

13. Frozen 2 is absolutely stunning visually but story and songs are more than a bit meh. 5.75/10

Sprockrooster and johnny_tsunami like this.
  14. The story was very 90s direct to video sequel, and I kinda hated every song except Kristoff's power ballad but I still enjoyed it overall

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  15. I LOVED it. It doesn’t come close to the original, but the songs were lovely, the animation great, and I was still a sobbing mess by the end.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  16. Frozen isn't a massive favourite of mine but I thought it was cute. The sequel was low key pitiful. The lack of a villain really made the film a bit directionless and the plot was all over the place.

17. aux

aux

Yeah, Frozen 2 felt weak, especially in comparison to the first one. The music itself lacked a lot of what made the original great. That said, Into The Unknown is excellent, and it's a fucking shame Panic at the fucking Disco had to cover it and not Kacey Musgraves or anyone else.

18. I loved it - it is visually stunning. Into The Unknown is simply amazing. The plot is sweet and I actually preferred the narrative they went with over having a traditional villain. So much better than I thought it was going to be as well.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. The Hans twist in the first film still gags me.

20. I actually prefer it to the original where I only liked the first half.

Yes the songs are not that catchy but i had huge goosebumps during one scene and i cried ugly tears in another.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.