The Disney Thread | Page 128 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Feb 22, 2009.

1. I remember watching the live action Jungle Book and remembering how dark it was, LOVED it. That and the Lion King (trash) are the only remakes I’ve watched but I’ll give Cinderella and Aladdin a try. Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty are my favorite Disney movies and I don’t want them spoilt.

Andrew.L likes this.
  2. I'm pretty sure there is a vinyl release.
    Edit: there is
    (But still no Princess and the Frog LP)

3. It's not lesbian Elsa but

4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Best Disney princess song?

Yes.

5. She's not a Disney Princess hun.

Also the correct answer is Part Of Your World.

Remorque, Espeon, Crafty and 4 others like this.
  6. 4 years too late but finally watched Zootopia / Zoomania / Zootropolis and absolutely loved it.

7. According to reports, they're doing a live action/CGI Robin Hood for Disney plus. Can they not come up with anything original anymore?

Holly Something likes this.
  8. We all know that they CAN do originals but as long their remakes are doing 1b+ worldwide Disney will choose not to. Though I'm hopeful that they will keep giving us the odd newbie and throw us a Tangled style one off every few years.

Andrew.L likes this.
  9. I watched it today and it remains flawless.

stuaw, Alenko, Macanudo and 1 other person like this.
  10. I just rewatched Pocahontas 1 and 2 back to back and forgot how hideous and unnecessary that sequel was. Poor John Smith.

The original will probably always be my fave or certainly Top 3.

POPGASM likes this.
  11. Having seen the trailers for Onward and Soul I am somewhat disappointed. Pixar really seem to have lost it lately. I like that they are thinking out of the box but it isn't working for me. I think Coco was the last great movie they made.

12. I finally watched Frozen II yesterday and it was incredible. I loved the first one but I think I prefer the sequel. Maybe in my top 5 disney movies of all time but I’ll have to give it more time to see how it holds up.

It also inspired me to go back to the beginning and rewatch all the Walt Disney Animation Studios feature films in order. I was surprised by how well Snow White holds up as an entertaining watch.

13. It’s still a scream they thought Pocahontas was going to be a breakthrough ‘Best Picture’ moment given...what it is

14. I watched Sleeping Beauty today. It's so beautiful.

15. Soul looks great imo

stuaw, lushLuck and Mvnl like this.
  16. The Lion King had what it wants.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. I've just watched the 2019 Lady and the Tramp for the second time in a week and.. wow. The cinematography is beautiful, the humour is spot on and my god the emotions. I wept both viewings.

Dare I say my favourite live action remake?

18. LPT

LPT

Id never seen the original but I was blown away at how great it was.

19. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Kim Woodburn for Lady Kluck please.

POPGASM likes this.
  20. Don’t feel too bad for him..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.