The Disney Thread | Page 153 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Feb 22, 2009.

1. It has fully launched now. Yay.

2. Not in the Spain version sadly. The Spanish catalogue is so poor compared to the UK version, I guess it must be something to do with the rights.

scottdisick94 likes this.
  3. I’m delighted to finally have Alias on streaming. I know it was on Prime last year but it wasn’t available here. I can finally continue the rewatch I started last year (on DVD ddd).

4. Alias seasons 1 and 2 is some of the finest television of the 21st century. Alias seasons 3 - 5..... exists. The complete tonal shifts season 4 kept taking was wild. They could not decide what the show was that season. Although the premiere episode is one of the series' all time best.

5. 1 and 2 were sublime. That coffee ice cream moment in season 2 is literally one of my favourite tv moments. Somehow it was super dark and high camp all at the same time.

They were definitely grappling with the request to keep things more standalone in season 4. It’s a shame season 5 got buried by ABC because it was a step in the right direction, though i do admit it ended at the right time. The finale was a bit hit and miss (from what I can remember), but overall it was satisfying. I’m looking forward to getting back into this over the next few weeks.

stopthestatic, Andrew.L and Drew like this.
  6. I get chills still, so damn good!

lushLuck likes this.
  7. My mum's very upset that the first Die Hard movie isn't on there, they have the other 4 but not that one.

8. I'm so excited for this update. Binge watch of Ugly Betty here I come!

irishlamb, stuaw, Robbietoxic and 7 others like this.
  9. LPT

LPT

I can't even describe how excited I am

10. Why is there only 2 episodes of Love Victor?

11. Because they’re coming out weekly on a Friday I’m assuming.

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It kinda looks like Coco if it had been animated 10 years earlier but I guess it's a stylistic choice that might grow on me?

13. I want to say something sarcastic and cheeky and gay but honestly it looks like stunning and I am so excited for this movie. I'm already weeping.

DoggySwami likes this.
  14. I like it! Reminds me of a Hayao Miyazaki movie.

DoggySwami and VitaminBee like this.
  15. Why does Luca give off the vibe of "gay coded" kids that are also sea monsters. It looks cute though and I like that it feels like a slight style change for Pixar. I'm so tired of the Disney style at this point.

16. Is this set in Lisbon?

17. I think someone said it was set in Italy I think, I could be wrong though.

18. The location is inspired (or maybe they will make it the actual location idk) from the Cinque Terre area in Liguria, northern Italy.

[​IMG]

#visititalyaftercovid etc

I hope they will handle the Italian stereotypes with care nn, I've already seen that hand sign from the trailer and... it's more a thing of the center/south HOWEVER I'm perched, even more so for its (admittedly very mild) LGBT+ undertones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.