The Disney Thread | Page 154 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Raya and the Last Dragon clocks in at 115 minutes, the second longest Walt Disney Animated Studios film behind only Fantasia.

Rumor is the film was originally only around 104 minutes long but two sequences that tested well were added back in after they made the decision to go the Hybrid release route.

Sprockrooster, Andrew.L and POPGASM like this.
  2. Raya and the Last Dragon is breathtakingly beautiful. So, so beautiful.
    It will probably become one of my favourite Disney films with Moana, Mulan and Pocahontas.

And Newton Howard better get an Oscar nomination for his score!

I can't wait to watch it again with my niece. (♥ω♥*)

3. I'm honestly so tempted to ask someone in my family to see it in the theater (swe have one open around here), because I know that Premium Access for Disney+ is a no-go right now.

Holly Something likes this.
  4. I want to watch it so bad! Not going to pay for it though because i'd be watching it alone so I don't think it'd be worth paying the Premium for.

irishlamb likes this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Loved Raya but 2 questions:
    1: How's there a baby with parents who are turned to stone when Raya aged several years since all of that happened?
    2: Grown Namaari was after Raya after 'someone tried to steal the dragon thing from Fang'... but it isn't until much later that Raya goes after that piece?

boombazookajoe likes this.
  6. Wow Raya was fucking stunning. One of my favorite Disney movies in a long time.
    The creepy purple creatures that turned people to stone were still traveling around during all that time so it’s very possible that it happened recently (after she was born.)
    My guess is she had already tried to snag that one once before but was unsuccessful.

Mvnl and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  7. Raya is a lovely film with true Disney magic and heart. Disney has been on such a good roll with the quality of their features lately. It is a film that I am surprised they didn't make into a musical though as there just seemed so many good setups where a song could have worked and when the credits come you realise how powerful it could have been.

8. Raya is my favourite Disney animation of the past decade. I've just finished and I'm honestly blown away.
    I felt like I was 7 years old again, watching some of the greats from the renaissance era and Jhene's track at the end is just perfect.

Mvnl likes this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I wonder if the names of all the parts of the world being on screen was something they added after test screenings. I'd love a Frozen II style docu on this.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  10. He

He

How long until the movie is off the paywall? Couple of months?

11. Comes out in June I think.

Andrew.L, POPGASM and He like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

June, something.

POPGASM and He like this.
  13. 4th June!

Macanudo likes this.
  14. Thanks I hate it

15. Does anyone know if the Buffy source material Disney+ is using is the HD one used for TV, or the standard edition on the DVDs?

Music Is Death likes this.
  16. Ummmm, the one on Hulu in the U.S. is the standard for DVDs so I would assume Disney+ would use the same.

17. I just had a look and it’s the HD version unfortunately.

snoho likes this.
  18. Thanks guys!

I already have the entire series on DVD, but I’ve never got around to watching the “HD remaster”, and want to make my judgements.

19. “Disney said Tuesday that it is opening both of its key summer events pics Cruella and Marvel’s Black Widow simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access (which is usually $30 a purchase extra for subscribers) in most Disney+ markets on Friday, May 28 and Friday, July 9, respectively. It also shifted release dates on five other films.

At the same time, Disney said its summer Pixar movie Luca will stream exclusively into Disney+ homes worldwide on June 18, which is what the studio did with Pixar’s Soul over Christmas. In international markets where Disney+ is not yet available, Luca will be released theatrically, with premiere dates to be announced.”

https://deadline.com/2021/03/black-...lus-theaters-day-and-date-release-1234720116/

Macanudo likes this.
  20. Well I've finally watched Mulan (2020) with my sister and the number of times we just laughed at how dumb it was nn. What kind of Bollywood meets Power Rangers affair was that?

We'll rewatch the original cartoon this weekend (which remains a classique) to repent.

Trinu 3.0 and smellycat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.