The Disney Thread | Page 158 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Just saw Cruella and I lived for every second of it, which I'd never thought considering how bad the trailer and poster were. Both Emmas were camp as fuck, the fashion and soundtrack terrific, the story actually working???

The end credits with Flo singing and the bonus scene were the cherry on top. Gagged at Disney pulling this off teebs.

2. Yaaass!!! More of the two Emma’s please!!

Holly Something and Mikl C like this.
  3. Sam

Sam

Cruella was the best Disney film I’ve seen in years. The highest level of camp, a stellar soundtrack and both Emmas absolutely KILLED it.

So happy there’s going to be a sequel!

Remorque, chriscrk, Macsun and 6 others like this.
  4. Cruella was the kind of campery that nourishes me.

5. Is anybody watching HSM the Series? I enjoyed season 1 but I’m 3 episodes into season 2 and it’s such a drag. Nini (Olivia Rodrigo) has the most awful storyline and she’s never with the main cast and EJ has about 3 seconds screen time per episode. It’s also like a really dull colour palette now which just adds to the bleh ness of it all.

6. I’m also not loving Season 2. I don’t feel like there’s much direction; half the cast don’t have plots - or hardly any screen time - unless it’s about their love lives (regressive), and the musical itself (which, doing Beauty & the Beat was already a choice) seems to be forgotten about half the time.

.Beautiful.Disaster. likes this.
  7. Yes! Season 2 has been bad! I understand it was a plot point but her being home and still having to FaceTime Ricky seemed so so stupid.

They’ve veered into Glee territory already, I was going to give up if I didn’t enjoy this weeks but it was a slight improvement and moved the plot forward enough for me to try another week.

I am still holding out hope they will end up doing HSM2 at the end of the series...

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I will say, if anyone hasn’t watched, The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers is a lovely, cheesy delight, and I would definitely recommend.

Macsun, Holly Something and Andrew.L like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is it fun if you don't care one bit about sports?

10. High School Musical: The Musical: The Series really did pick up the pace in episode four after the most blah episode with episode 3. Nini not being with the rest of the cast was annoying as you knew she'd return so you had to just wait until that happened. I do find that the line between Joshua Bassett/Ricky is blurring more and more with each episode though. I'm excited for next weeks episode after this one.

11. I would say yes, but I think it’s more dependent on whether or not you enjoyed the original films? I could care less about sports, but those films remain so important to me, and I really don’t mind a film about sports generally.

Holly Something, Andrew.L and Mvnl like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well I never watched the originals because they probably didn't appeal to me for the very same reason.

LPT and lushLuck like this.
  13. Well I would say to watch the first film as it’s a classic and can help determine if the rest of the franchise is worth your time.

Mvnl likes this.
  14. Well, ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ was just what I needed today.

15. An instant classic for me. I just finished it and already want to watch it again.

A gorgeous movie with the biggest heart and on the same level as Moana for me. More of this please Disney and less Frozen.

Macsun, LPT, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  16. I also just watched Raya and adored every moment of it. Stunning, funny, and full of heart.

17. Gahhh I watched it last night and it was gorgeous! I couldn’t help but cry towards the end of it.

18. The second film is #TheOne though. And yes, the series was very cute, glad I watched it.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. So with Cruella’s….
    ..mom being a baroness, does that put her in the Disney Princess category?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.