The Disney Thread | Page 168 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Encanto was great. So lovely and heartwarming. Hoping Stephanie Beatriz can become the huge star she deserves to be now that Brooklyn Nine Nine is done.

2. Haven’t seen Encanto yet (probably won’t until it’s on D+ at Christmas) but the soundtrack is excellent. I hate that Lin is probably gonna EGOT this year but at least it’ll be for good songs.

3. I'm really feeling this underrated Disney tune right now.

This film and its songs should be the same level of classic as Mary Poppins.

Andrew and aboutyounow like this.
  4. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Anyone watch the B**tl*s doc on Disney+? Just started it and wondering what the consensus was here.

5. Helen Reddy, so underrated.
    I love the original Pete's Dragon, I feel it gets forgotten about often, along with the amazing Bedknobs And Broomsticks.

The remake, was alright

lushLuck and _Gru_ like this.
  6. Encanto is Disney's best since Coco. Absolutely stunning.

4Roses, LPT, Rob and 1 other person like this.
  7. I LOVED Encanto.
    The animation bursts with energetic ingenuity and elevates the heartfelt story & music. You can feel and see how everything was deeply thought-out to serve the narrative and the characters. The film is impeccable.

4Roses, LPT and Andrew like this.
  8. I watched it over the weekend. Interesting in a lot of ways, footage looks astonishing for being 52 years old - but as with most Peter Jackson stuff it's far, far too long. No exaggeration to say it could easily have been cut down by two or three hours, maybe even a bit more.

9. I really liked Encanto but did anyone feel like it ended before it got going? I was expecting for her to be sent on some kind of adventure and a villain to be introduced and then it started to come to a conclusion. I'm too used to the 3 hour runtime of all the other films right now.

10. I'm fucking OBSESSED with Encanto.

11. What’s the general consensus on Frozen 2 being that girl? I think she might be you know

POPGASM, Subwaykid, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  12. Frozen 2 is a much better movie than the first one.

Conan, POPGASM, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  13. I mean

of course she knows

motorbike, POPGASM, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  14. Frozen 2 is a modern gay classic.

Show Yourself? A gorgeous visual sequence and wonderful song.

Into The Unknown taking everything that was great about Let It Go and improving upon it?

The set design having depth unlike the flat-ass pancake imagery of the first Frozen?

A toot.

They definitely just made the story up as they went along but I don't mind, because every song is a bop and the ensemble comedy works.

Trinu 3.0, POPGASM, Stewart and 5 others like this.
  15. „The next right thing“ is a very empowering yet sad song. Everything my gay musical heart needed.

16. I think Frozen 2 is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time.
    It just speaks to me more as a queer loner than some of the 90s films do.

I wish it wasn't spoilery because I think Show Yourself is such an amazing song and is also way better than Into the Unknown and probably would have been the film's big promotional song had it not been the climactic song that it is.

Conan, POPGASM, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  17. Just watched Encanto...

Luisa‘s musical number

We Don’t Talk About Bruno

upload_2021-12-25_8-0-18.gif

18. Not an instant fave but Isabella's has become my fave.

19. Encanto was just gorgeous. The visuals alone were just breathtaking. Such a great cast.

heavymetalGAGA, LPT and 4Roses like this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Encanto was very pretty, quite funny and I loved most of its themes but I do feel I've heard the same Lin-Manuel songs over and over again by now and by the end of the movie I felt I got more questions than answers in a similar way to how the writers of Frozen 2 hadn't even decided where 'the voice' was coming from when production started.
    It felt like certain things like the magic (and lack of it) were mostly there because of 'plot' and 'message' without necessary making sense within the story in any other way unless I miss something?

scottdisick94, Daniel_O and Andrew like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.