The Disney Thread | Page 91 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Saw Lion King last night & it's fine. It's the EXACT same film as the original, with some additional lines thrown in for Nala and Timon & Pumba, so it all felt rather pointless to me. Timon & Pumba are the best part of the film by far, and I appreciated the stunning visuals, but it all just felt completely unnecessary.

andru, Mvnl, stuaw and 1 other person like this.
  2. Review embargo just lifted and woof, a lot of them are negative.

3. Still worth the $15 for the 'Circle of Life'.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  4. But ... watching The Lion King is never pointless?

I’m biased as it’s my favourite film of all-time, but yeah.

5. Correct. I wish I'd watched that far superior film again instead.

If You Go likes this.
  6. I’ve been saying for a while that I don’t really get the point of the remake, and was hoping it would surprise me, but... welp.

andru, Chris Lala and He like this.
  7. What have they done to Be Prepared? It started off so promising and I really like Chiwetel Ejiofor, but no.

8. There was a brief moment when they had it cut from the film... I would've almost preferred that.

Hybridcookie and lushLuck like this.

9. What were they even thinking?

10. Holy shit! I’m just a hole.

andru, LP, GodsAndMonsters and 2 others like this.
  11. I enjoyed the first one and adding Michelle Pfeiffer instantly sold me on the sequel.

12. I'm bopping and crying

13. I don't really like the idea of these movies. I saw the Beauty and the beast one and all I wanted to do afterwards was go and watch the original animation.

Surely if you're going to go to the effort of remaking something and spending so much time and money on it you want to give it a fresh spin and add something new. Seems from the reviews that The Lion King is literally a shot for shot remake and it really does seem completely pointless.

I really want them to do something special with The Little Mermaid BUT I can see it just going down the same road.

Mr Blonde and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  14. It's unusual in the sense that Disney usually thinks about legacy, and not one of these films have much rewatch value.

Lion King looks especially bad. Great voice cast, but the photorealistic animals have no expression.

andru likes this.
  15. But this is from The Lion King 2!

16. It was actually written for an album inspired by the Lion King called "Songs from the Pride Lands" or something like that. It ended up being very effectively used for the musical and is one of the better moments. It's since become an iconic diva anthem from Tina Turner AND Diana Ross, featured in the classic film, Double Platinum, also starring the Vocal Bible, Brandy Norwood. Stream it TODAY!

Joe., Chris Lala, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  17. I have no desire to see Lion King whatsoever. It looks horrible visually, however technically ground breaking it might be.

soratami, New Flame, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  18. ffffffffff and I discovered it with

????????????

19. Also it pops the fuck off in the musical.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.