The Drew Barrymore Show | The Popjustice Forum

The Drew Barrymore Show

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Drew, Sep 21, 2020.

1. This should provide enough moments for us that it needs its own thread. She will be a disastrous interviewer but she's lovely.

2. Well, she can't be any worse than Kelly Clarkson as an interviewer, so here's hoping! Loved the Charlie's Angels reunion.

Remorque likes this.

3. Drew actually interviewed her really well! Paris is a really hard interview because she only speaks in pre-planned talking points. Also I love how she's dropping the baby voice, this is the real her etc etc and by the end she's completely talking in the Barbie doll voice again.

4. Has anyone seen Paris Hilton and Kacey Musgraves in the same place?

5. She reunited with Tom Green!

Is Courtney Love next?!

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The pre-planned talking points explain why I felt the questions felt rehearsed and not spontaneous.. I almost wondered if Drew had an earpiece under her hair getting the questions from production..
    Could have done without the 'you thought my interview was great? Awww!'-moment though. It's not about you Drew

7. I know she got a lot of criticism for the Paris interview but hey, she's new to this. I don't think she meant any harm. I actually really enjoy Drew in this format. She's so watchable and I would love to see it continue next year (?) with an audience.

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

You raise a good point in that some of the awkwardness probably stems from the empty studio, which I wasn't even aware of watching it but having the cam on the host and guest all of the time probably makes it a bit odd as well

Suburbia likes this.
  9. It's also worth noting Paris isn't actually in the studio either. It's all green screen and stitched together. It looks impressive.

DangerousHun and Mvnl like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh I know she did it before with Cameron but had no clue this time. But that sure plays a part too

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's kinda odd though.. impressive, sure?
    But why not just make it a zoom call.. instead of pretending two people are in a room together when they're not? I'm not sure how I feel about this gimmick

12. Island

Island Staff Member

I feel like I'm hallucinating when I watch clips of this show but I actually kinda love it.

13. How this show became so iconic, so quickly! Drew's impact on the world and helping save 2020!

[​IMG]

Island and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.