The Eurovizh Alt-Song Contest 2022 (Final results begin p. 8) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Eurovizh Alt-Song Contest 2022 (Final results begin p. 8)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by WowWowWowWow, May 17, 2022.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Glad Daria made it through. Kind of surprised that Julia only managed third, though.

WowWowWowWow, soratami and Maki like this.
  2. As much as I would have liked Julia to make it, I'm not that surprised she didn't, given the two songs that beat her are great and have both always seemed like bigger fan faves than Chut!

londonrain, Maki and WowWowWowWow like this.
  3. In case anyone is looking at the list going "How did THAT song get through?" ... I confirm that 3 of our finalists "won" their country coming down to tiebreaker rules, and another finalist was only 1 point ahead of 2nd place. From my quick scan, everyone else was at least 3 points ahead of their runner-up.

londonrain, Maki and soratami like this.
  4. May I propose a 'mini song contest round' revolving around the songs that made it to the top 3 but didn't win their selections? For example everyone chooses one of the 2nd/3rd placers and competes with them. That way the songs that just missed out on making it to the final here will have another chance.
    I will struggle to choose between four songs, though.

WowWowWowWow and soratami like this.
  5. Look forward to listening to the playlist of songs in full.

WowWowWowWow and Maki like this.
  6. Many thanks to WowWowWowWow, and everyone who slogged through ALL the semifinalists to get our finalists (I myself was only able to make it through a few countries in time).

BUT, I'm happy to report I've done a thorough accounting of the finalists, and have a foolproof ranking of the top ten. Very excited to see the final results and everyone else's takes.

7. I'm kinda surprised about some winners, however I'm okay for most of the songs - more like everyone except Australia.

Gonna vote ASAP!

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  8. Hello,
    I will now be on holiday on the 5th of July (any Toronto tourist tips gladly taken onboard!), so the new deadline for your votes is JULY 7th in the last time zone.

9. Have fun on your vacation!

soratami, Maki and WowWowWowWow like this.
  10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Cazzi Opeia found trying to pull off a double win after sweeping PJSC.

11. Plus she co-wrote the winning song from the American Song Contest! Icons only!

12. soratami likes this.
  13. soratami likes this.
  14. soratami likes this.
  15. soratami likes this.
  16. Markus1981, soratami and Maki like this.
  17. soratami likes this.
  18. soratami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.