The Eurovizh Alt-Song Contest 2022 (Final results begin p. 8) | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

The Eurovizh Alt-Song Contest 2022 (Final results begin p. 8)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by WowWowWowWow, May 17, 2022.

1. Untouchable Ace and soratami like this.
  2. With six voters in, here are some details!
    -No song has received points from all 6 voters. The most thus far is 5 voters; 3 songs have achieved this.
    -There is currently a tie for 3rd place and a 4-way tie for 5th place.
    -At this time, 5 songs are still on zero. Save your faves!
    -Would people want to do this all again, but for 2021, once this one is over? Come through Little Tots!!

3. [​IMG]

4. Something that I forgot to consider when making that proposal was the amount of internal selections that were held in 2021 (of course, many of whom had been chosen for the cancelled 2020 contest).

I just went through the list of entries and there were only 14 countries who had some sort of public vote. (I've not included Spain, which only had 2 songs up for consideration, so the loser would be chosen here by default.)

Not sure that creates enough variety for something like this? Anyway we can discuss further after this one ends.

5. Got lured over here by @WowWowWowWow in the last PJXtra thread and see one of my faves is in the running + the rest of the playlist is pretty great so far too. I'll send in some votes!

6. I've got this down to a final 11 and can't decide on who to give the chop. Putting them in order is even harder.

7. Well, my plan to find a Canadian to pity-marry me didn’t come to fruition, so I’m heading home soon and will tally up the votes that have recently arrived to my inbox (thank you to those voters!). For anyone else yet to vote, you’ve got ~50 hours remaining!

Kadebostany, soratami and Maki like this.
  8. Tagging peeps who voted in the first round to say there is one more day to vote for the final round if you want!

@lilylu
    @Maki
    @stomp
    @TéléDex

soratami and Maki like this.
  9. soratami likes this.
  10. soratami likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Oh, FFS - I haven’t even started. Let me do a rush job now.

13. I've finished listening to these songs weeks ago and kept delaying my votes... I should re-listen to the ones I liked and compile my ballot soon!

14. Were you able to decide which one had to be sacrificed?

15. Ooh thanks for the reminder. Yes, I'm sorry Pauline Chagne, you have been dumped. So close.

My scores are on their way now.

16. I'm nearly finished with listening. Still need to finish scores.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  17. Thank you! The amended deadline is still 13 hours away, so there should be plenty of opportunity for anyone to send scores.

18. When I wake up tomorrow morning (roughly 14:00 GMT), I will close the voting, unless I hear from anyone before then that they need extra time.

Meanwhile, let’s take a look back at how we got here. As promised, I will now reveal the first round results for each country. Recall that first-round voters could vote for anywhere from 0 to 5 songs per country if they felt compelled.

Please excuse my nul points-worthy graphic design skills.

Also I dropped the intro to French class in my senior year of college when the professor told us we would have to buy a cassette tape recorder (this was in the mid-2000's) so if I messed up any of the French country names, take it up with Europe 1, as I copied off their site.

L’ALBANIE
    [​IMG]

L’AUSTRALIE
    [​IMG]

LA CROATIE
    [​IMG]

LA RÉPUBLIQUE TCHÈQUE
    [​IMG]

LE DANEMARK
    [​IMG]

L’ESTONIE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LA FINLANDE
    [​IMG]

LA FRANCE
    [​IMG]

L’ALLEMAGNE
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  19. L’ISLAND
    [​IMG]

L’IRLANDE
    [​IMG]

ISRAËL
    [​IMG]

L’ITALIE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

L’LETTONIE
    [​IMG]

LA LITUANIE
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

MALTE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please note: Although two songs tied for the most points and had 3 voters apiece, Baklava & Nicole won the spot for having two 5’s versus Emma’s single 5.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.