The Face with NAOMI CAMPBELL!!! | Page 30 | The Popjustice Forum

The Face with NAOMI CAMPBELL!!!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Baby Clyde, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I just started watching the Australian version and I'm not even sure if I want to keep watching. Naomi is absolutely disgusting and she looks a damn mess with her Spock haircut. The girls are all ten times better than the ones in the US version, though.

2. Hitori

Hitori Guest

The US version sucks. The production is so cheap.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  3. Rmx

Rmx

Nigel Barker is possibly the worst television host I've ever seen. He even trumps that awful slick guy who did X-Factor with Queen Khloe.

4. K94

K94

Georges Antoni, however, can stay for as looooong as he likes.

5. Ruth's personality is so grating.

6. Ruth is a bit over-the-top sometimes. Like when they're announcing the challenge and she's the one constantly front and centre gasping. It's annoying, but she's a good model, and a good sport, so I'm still rooting for her.

Sarah, Ruth & Yaya really are the best three, and any of them would be great winners. Nikolina & Olivia are pretty, but very.. basic. Chantal is gross, and just looks like Rihanna without a chin.

7. Ugh, Perez Hilton will be on the US version next week. As if it couldn't get any worse.

8. Hitori

Hitori Guest

9. Rmx

Rmx

Aaaaand the shark has been jumped. I didn't even enjoy this week's episode. Tiana was literally the only one who gave anything that can remotely be classified as "energy" to the set. At one point I thought Naomi and Lydia had to go checking for their girls' pulse. It just baffles me how you can wear THAT dress, a perfect set-up, three super-model coaches and a professional crew and NOT be fierce. I walk more fiercely when I go food shopping, and I'm a fucking man.

10. K94

K94

I felt bad for Amanda having to wear that dress though - she may as well have had no arms. But yeah - this competition is seriously weak which is partly due to the judges being petty and sending the stronger models home on many occassions. Tiana and Affiya are the only viable winners. Ray and Felisa don't know what the hell they're doing.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  11. Tiana's line delivery though, she sounded like a drunken Real Housewife rather than the face of some high-end jewellery. Ray's delivery was the best but Team Lydia got the most restrictive outfits so their movement was off. Naomi won by default because although they weren't the strongest in either regard, they weren't terrible either.

I do agree it was a mess of an episode though. Everything feels a bit awkward and stitled. Except Afiya, her brazenly going toe to toe with Naomi (and Naomi taking it!) was amazing. She has to win.

12. I hated that they recycled this entire challenge from the UK cycle... And Lydia's team clearly had the worst outfits. If they had Team Naomi's outfits they would've aced the challenge. It seems really unfair sometimes.

Was kinda rooting for Lydia to win, just to knock out Tiana and see Anne V crumble.

13. Rmx

Rmx

Yeah it's so unfair it's not even funny. It's way too blatant now that they are keeping the weak girls on purpose. The jury drama is over the top. Maybe I'm just a bit over-saturated because there's two seasons running at the same time with so much drama on both, but I hope Naomi can sort of pull herself together for UK season 2 (if it's coming? don't know).

14. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I'dbe impressed if Naomi will get Kate Moss on board season 2 of the UK show.

15. Is the UK getting a second season?

16. The problem with modelling shows is that the majority of relevant models are paid so much in their day to day life, the show couldn't afford amount of time it would take to film a series.

17. My problem with the US show is it pales in comparison to the Aussie version on every level from the models to the production values. And I'm still waiting for a moment as good as "Check your lipstick" from season 1. I did laugh this week at Lydia's claim that she had been playing Anne and Naomi all along. Right Lydia, so you were pretending to be a rubbish mentor.

18. Rmx

Rmx

The US version is ridiculous and everyone involved should feel bad.

19. Hitori

Hitori Guest

My ideal final four: Chantal, Nikolina, Olivia and Sarah.

20. Honestly if Ruth & Yaya aren't in the Top 4 then there's some serious mess. Those two and Sarah are the most viable models in this whole competition, and the most consistent. Olivia, Chantal & Nikolina are all so basic and all have one good moment, and a smattering of middling moments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.