The Face with NAOMI CAMPBELL!!! | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

The Face with NAOMI CAMPBELL!!!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Baby Clyde, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Get it Olivia! Excited for the TV adverts for this.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  2. Tiana is such an obvious and bland winner. I guess you can only win The Face US if you're sporting an old Rihanna haircut.

3. The Face Australia was great but the US one was a mess... as if they couldn't find better models.

And I don't know if anyone else watchs it here, but this year Germany's Next Top Model was good (last year was atrocious) and I almost cried when the winner was announced last night. The runner-up might be good but she is boring as hell.

4. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I can't wait for another UK show. If she gets the likes of Kate Moss for it, then consider me watching it. She should do an Asian version. Asia's Next Top Model is not very good, and is so pretentious as hell.

And I must say I never thought I'd like Zac Posen so much. He seems like a great guy based on the finale of the Australian show.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
  5. Korea's Next Top Model is pretty good.
    Happy about Tiana winning, but this season was terrible.

6. Rmx

Rmx

Ray shouldn't have made it past the first day, absolutely shocked at how fug she looked in her final photo challenge. WHO insists on putting her mascara on like the boy who draws circles in the Ring?! Awful. Thank God she didn't win.

7. I thought the sameā€¦ but I think the whole team Lydia was pretty weak.

8. I still haven't watched either finale. The Australian one because I'm annoyed my two front runners (Sarah & Yaya) made it to the finale only to lose to obvious amateur Olivia. The US one because Ray shouldn't there, Tiana is average at best, and Afiya is annoying. It's like not worth it.

9. K94

K94

It's the prize that's the issue especially with the Australian one. For a start, they're never gonna choose a black model for Olay and also what's the point in doing all those modelling campaigns when the prize is to literally smile and look pretty. It's annoying.

10. Yeah, that was my issue with both versions; the prize dictates the winner so much that it's all a bit one-dimensional. What's the point in doing a fashion show for a haircare brand? Why have the Elle cover as a prize when no one from Elle is there to throw their two cents in? They need to do an ANTM and have an agency sign them to make the prize more general and level the playing field.

11. Rmx

Rmx

Yeah, I agree. I can see that it's probably easier to get money this way, since the entire show is basically a long Olay ad. But yeah it doesn't make for a very.... exciting finale. Since the girls don't even get trained for what they're supposed to become, like when they had to "forget everything they learned" to just look basic and smile for the Olay shoot.

12. Hitori

Hitori Guest

As much as they are fantastic models (i.e. Sarah), at the end of the day the girl who gets to be the brand ambassador of whatever is the one the company likes the most, and exudes an image closest to the brand. Sarah's versatility didn't make up for Olivia's perfect fit for Olay. If this were AusNTM, Yaya or Sarah could have won.

I love how this show has real campaigns even if it's just social media most of the time. That Elle Australia shoot for team Naomi is a big thing for newbie models. The major one for me was that Le Specs summer campaign won by Nikolina, Yaya and Olivia. If I were one of the contestants, I'd work my bums off too just to win that one.

All in all it's been a great season. For second season of the Aussie show I'd like Max Factor to be the main prize - BUT A BLACK GIRL WON'T WIN THAT ONE. Bring in the bigger prizes - a VERSACE CAMPAIGN, or a DOLCE & GABBANA INTERNATIONAL AD. I am so here for them to fight it out like crazy.

So far the best contestant in any show is still CHLOE JASMINE.

13. One of the things I like about The Face is that the girls are competing for a real job. It seems a lot more real than the prizes on Top Model which have diminished in quality with the ratings. Also, YaYa and Ruth were never going to be right for Olay, but at least they'll probably get signed and have some decent work out of the show.

14. Hitori

Hitori Guest

So... Lexus Australia actually gave Olivia an actual car. Check out their Instagram page. She got white version of the car she won the challenge for.

15. I know this not related to The Face, but I found this interview with Naomi annoying:

http://youtu.be/qxdatyeis1I

She's trying to talk about a serious issue and the journalist keeps trying to wind her up and makes digs about her being "angry".

16. Last edited: May 17, 2014
  17. Because most of them have agencies already

18. Happy birthday Naomi

19. K94

K94

So is The Face UK happening or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.