The Flight Attendant (HBOMAX Series) Kaley Cuoco Thriller | The Popjustice Forum

The Flight Attendant (HBOMAX Series) Kaley Cuoco Thriller

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, Oct 20, 2020.

1. The first three episodes drop 26 Nov 2020. YASS @ them using that iconic Toxic remix.

2. Uno

Uno

I didn't mind it before, but that whole slowing down a pop song to make it "creepy" trend is really irritating.

3. Watched the first episode and I'm officially in. It's suprisingly more of a black comedy than a straight thriller series. The dialogue gave me some chuckles.

Kaley's dramatic skills have gotten marginally better. She learned the hard way how to redeem herself as a dramatic actress after the atrocious performance she pulled in Charmed's last season. I still see some Billie in her when she does her shocked/crying face.

But all things considered I'm impressed. The dark humor suits her acting chops and I like how the show is edited and its pacing. Hope the rest of the episodes keep the momentum going.

Also love the entire cast.

suitechicguy likes this.
  4. This is good to hear. It looks interesting and I was really hoping it would be decent.

tastic likes this.
  5. I’ve been over it for a while now. Everyone should have stopped trying after Us, which did it perfectly.

6. This is a good watch so far. If you like Search Party and or Killing Eve, it’s got the same kinda thing going.

Kaley is definitely more talented than the show she was chained to for a decade.

7. The first episode definitely left me intrigued, although I’m already concerned about how they’ll make this last. Beautifully shot (gave me severe travel fomo) and wonderfully performed thus far, I’m stoked to see how this continues.

tastic likes this.
  8. Just finished the first episode and I’m loving it so far. I can definitely see it filling my Killing Eve void.

9. This was fantastic! Binged the first three episodes and it’s so beautifully shot. Some of the cinematography is ingenious.

Can’t wait to see where it goes.

tastic likes this.
  10. Thankfully it’s only an 8 episode miniseries so hopefully it’s been properly planned out unlike another HBO miniseries.

I have to say, I never liked Kaley Cuoco before this but I feel like her work in this has completely won me over.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. Ah that’s good to hear! I wasn’t sure if it was a limited series or not, so that relieves a lot of my concern.

12. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I’m three episodes into this and I like it so far but I despise the rambling inner dialogue she has with Alex. Every version of it is so flat when the scenes it intercuts with are usually the most tense.

eyeline likes this.
  13. Have you watched the HARLEY QUINN cartoon? It's amazing (even if it had a few problematic blips) and she's amazing in it.

I'm still hesitant given her suspected politics, but without any proof I cautiously stan.

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT is dragging a TINY bit in the middle for me, but overall I love it. I'm assuming the final three episodes will chug right along.

14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This show is such a blast, whew.

I'm enjoying it immensely (except for the bizarre Rosie Perez subplot which I still don't understand the point of). Kaley is also way more talented than I ever gave her credit for, wow. I'm so pumped for the finale next week.

VitaminBee likes this.
  15. Yeah it's Kaley for me, she's an absolute superstar in this!

16. The Rosie subplot is weird and dumb honestly.

If it turns into her husband's company being connected to Alex it'll be too obvious, and if it's just a random subplot it'll be pointless...

Steve003 likes this.
  17. Is it along the lines of Dead To Me?

in the dark comedy element?

18. I have binged through 5 episodes so far. I'm enjoying every minute of this it's so much fun. Kaley is amazing in every episode. She does the dark comedy and the more serious sides really well. People comparing this to killing eve, I never tried that series does it do the dark comedy side like this too?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  19. Three episodes in and the later two haven't lived up to the first episode for me. Not sure I'm feeling that Rosie subplot either even if I do love the actress. Still I am super impressed with Kaley who I never gave the time of day before this and I will continue on.

tastic likes this.
  20. Kaley has made so much money from Big Bang she can now afford to take risks in her acting and it's definitely paying off here.

tastic and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.