The Girls Aloud Discography Rate (#65) | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

The Girls Aloud Discography Rate (#65)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Physical, Aug 2, 2021.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It has been postponed indefinitely for now. @Physical will let the thread know when everything is ready to resume.

2. I wanted to do this before but wasn’t sure if I’d get time. I want to make time for this when it happens. I think it will help some of us.

3. Just adding my voice to the "I'd love to participate when the time is right" chorus. I wasn't sure I'd get time before the original deadline because I'm supposed to be working on my dissertation but fuck that, honouring Sarah is more important. Sending love to all.

4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

To add on, the postponement doesn’t stop anyone who is ready to listen and score from doing so. By all means go ahead and create your ballot. We just ask that you do not submit any ballots during this postponement period. Sit and wait on them until @Physical decides on the new deadline.

Remorque, ohaimanabu, Robert and 15 others like this.
  5. Can't wait to join this when it resumes.

ohaimanabu, Physical, jawow_ and 2 others like this.
  6. I've basically only listened to Girls Aloud for the last two weeks and wow, the way I'm going to struggle to give anything less than a 10 when this goes ahead. Even 'I Think We're Alone Now' is hitting the spot.

Remorque, Lapras, ohaimanabu and 9 others like this.
  7. Hi,

Firstly, I hope everyone here is doing well. After the awful news about Sarah broke, so many of you expressed interest in participating in this rate as a way to honour and celebrate her which I think is a lovely idea. I'm just checking how everyone would feel about pushing things back a month to October 27th? I know the girls' music has been a comfort during such a difficult time but understandably there might be mixed feelings. x

8. I’d love that personally. I really think it would be a lovely way to celebrate her and the girls’ legacy.

9. I think we can all agree on what will be #1 (Call The Shots, obvz), but it'll be interesting to see where the tracks fall and how it compares to the last rate!

Plus, after my mass revisit of Out Of Control, I have concluded that the b-side trinity that is She/Memory of You/It's Your Dynamite should have been added to the album proper, or at least swapped in for We Wanna Party & Fix Me Up.

10. I’ve gone down a GA YouTube rabbit hole (again), and tonight’s high praise goes to I’ll Stand By You. Was already a 10, but hits a little differently now.

Excited to share in this discography with you all soon!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    Remorque, If You Go, Pinky25 and 7 others like this.
  11. I can do a month extension, it’ll give me time to gather my thoughts. Thank you all for taking the time to let us process everything to do with Sarah.

12. As long as everyone remembers to keep on spinning and controlling what happens til Monday when you rate.

Remorque, sfmartin, Mvnl and 6 others like this.
  13. I think my #1 is a little unexpected.

Remorque, Elysium, Physical and 2 others like this.
  14. I may want to change some scores that I submitted before, is that allowed?

15. There is no more perfect way to honour Sarah than celebrate this legendary and iconic discography.

Remorque, Elysium, sfmartin and 6 others like this.
  16. I'm (hopefully) going to be finished rating Paloma Faith's albums today so I'll definitely be making a start on this.

Remorque and Physical like this.
  17. So we’re only doing commentary for our 11?

If so, that makes it easier because as I’ve listened to their discography over the past few weeks I’ve been adding ratings to my notes so I don’t have much left.

Physical likes this.
  18. That's fine!

In the hope of there being more discussion in the thread itself rather than the elimination posts, yes.

19. You’re right, there absolutely will be.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  20. I’m ready! We can pay our little tribute to Sarah with this in many ways too I feel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.