The Golden Girls | The Popjustice Forum

The Golden Girls

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 17, 2009.

1. So any fans here?
    I have all 7 seasons on DVD boxsets. Can we compare favourite quotes? I'll start with....
    from the episode where Blanche and Sophia are fighting over the same man (yes we have no havanas I think is the title). Sophia is in the living room with the man in question when Blanche appears in the doorway in something skimpy and says: "please excuse me whilst I take a long hot steamy bath with barely enough water to cover my perky bosoms", to which Sophia replies "you're only going to sit in an inch of water?"!

2. i absolutely love the Golden Girls ! I have all the dvds up to series 5 so far. must get round to completing the set. used to watch it all the time growing up, was always repeated on the irish channel RTE2.

one of my memorable faves is Rose saying "Why are you in bad mood sophia?" and sophia says, "sorry rose, i haven't had sex in 15 years and its starting to get on my nerves!"

every episode is "lol" quality

3. I agree about the laugh out loud bit. One of my fave eps is Grab That Dough when the girls compete on a gameshow. There's one question where you have to finish the famous sentence "Better Late Than...." and Blanches buzzes in to say "Pregnant". Brilliant! It really was a Sex and the City for the over 50s! Samantha owes so much to Blanche!!

4. passionoia

passionoia Moderator

The Golden Girls (along with Roseanne and The Word) always reminds me of Friday nights.

5. So sad. I loved the Golden Girls when I was younger (that and Fame), 2 of the girls have died now - I can't who was my favorite, cos they are came up with some cracking stuff.

6. I can never tell which one of them was my favorite, but Bea was undeniably amazing and I will miss her SO much. Watching episodes of the Golden Girls gets more and more bittersweet…

7. When I was younger Rose was my favourite because she was cute and ditzy. But when I watched again later on, the way Dorothy would be so dry and so sharp, I decided she was amazing. The show was so well-written, I've got five seasons on DVD and they are great for just chucking on and watching a few episodes. I've put my Bea autograph on the wall as a tribute. My sister has Bea's and Betty White's (who also signed her dog's name on the photo, bless).

8. From another messageboard, which made me choke up:

"Goodnight, Pussycat."

What a brilliant, brilliant woman she was. May she rest in peace.

9. Awww!

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Aww. Sad times.

11. That's such sad news. Bea is a legend. Glad to see some love for the GGs on this page.

12. Bless her. She was amazing.

13. passionoia

passionoia Moderator

14. Bless her , bet her and Estelle are having a ball up there. Rest in peace Bea.

15. The greatest TV show of all time.

16. That just about made my day, thanks!

17. My pleasure. I think it's the way that Blanche says Mi-Am-Ee that creases me up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.