The Good Place | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Good Place

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by maverick_79, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Kind of agree, the first half of season 2 is very repetitive. I need more Janet centric episodes.

chriscrk and lushLuck like this.
  2. I think the twist came about too soon, to be honest. I think they could have really explored the story of Season 1 for another season. I just needed the first season to get to know the characters. The twist would have made for a perfect finish to Season 2. While I'm enjoying Season 2 as is, it's clear they're not entirely sure where they're going, which caused it a bit to find its footing. I think they got a bit ahead of themselves and it wasn't necessary.

AlisodoTheBambino likes this.
  3. I don't get the criticism for Season 2. I am enjoying it as much as Season 1 and I am really looking forward to it returning this week. There is so much more that they can do with it and I suppose knowing that they are already working with a 3rd season will give them a point to work through.

4. Island

Island Staff Member

There needs to be more Mindy.

berserkboi and lushLuck like this.
  5. So Jason in that suit was a LEWK.

Loving the direction of the show, it's burning through plots at a rapid pace but I'm excited to see where it goes. The fact they're journeying through the good/medium/bad place is giving the show a narrative edge I'm totally into.

Island and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Last week's and this week's episodes were sublime.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  7. I was finding this season a bit of a slog but the last 2 episodes have been great. I am worried about the rate it's going through plots though, where will they go at the end of this season?

lushLuck and Mvnl like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Someone suggested something like them having to set up a new 'Good Place' to fool other new humans, I'd be quite interested where they'd go with that.

porcelainheart and lushLuck like this.
  9. I think they’ll end up in the real good place, and they’ll all be like Eleanor at the very beginning of the series as imposters in the good place.

diamondliam likes this.
  10. Maya Rudolph
    Nailed it.
    I really loved the latest episode, but I'm wondering, where do they go from here?

He, lushLuck and Edu like this.
  11. Give Maya an Emmy for that episode. She was brilliant.

joe_alouder, lushLuck, Zinone and 5 others like this.
  12. I know they love cliffhangers, but I hope next week's finale will at least hint to where they'll be heading.

13. That was quite a satisfying season finale. Could've even worked as a series ending. I'm quite excited about the next season, but this somehow seems like a show that stays at a relatively small number of seasons, can't see them extending this whole "jumping from one set up to another" thing way too long.
    Also, I'm very grateful that this is actually topical besides being hilarious. Really makes me rethink my own actions sometimes.

lushLuck likes this.
  14. pdf

pdf

Does this finale suggest the next season will be set on Earth? The four of them are gonna have to find a way to get together aren't they? (Of course, Dame Maggie Smith is Tahani's godmother)

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well last season's finale suggested season 2 would be one big reboot and they got through that within like 2 episodes. So I'm not sure how much this tells us about the premise of season 3!

Surely they won't have Ted spending an entire season just observing the progress of the 4 humans.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. This is like Season 6 of Lost ‘:(‘

lushLuck likes this.
  17. Yeah this show tends to be very fast paced so I can't see us spending too long watching the 4 main characters finding each other and learning to be good again.

Brilliant episode though. So funny. Janet and The Judge for their own spin off when this show ends!

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Overall: what a season though! I remember people saying it was losing steam when it started, but it was one hell of a rollercoaster of brilliance for me.

He, Robbietoxic and kal like this.
  19. I'm just catching up on season 2 now (wild Friday night!). I just finished episode 5 and have really enjoyed them all so far. It's impressive how well they balance laughs, heart, and actual depth. The writing is fantastic.

I'm also a bit in love with Manny Jacinto / Jason. "You're cool, dope, fresh, and smart-brained!"

20. It was a truly incredible second season. I do hope they resolve that they are good on earth quickly though. The wait for season 3 is going to be long!

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.