The Good Place | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

The Good Place

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by maverick_79, Oct 8, 2017.

1. I loved the premiere and I’m glad it is back.

This is one of those shows that I truly cannot begin to guess what will happen next because they always throw a curveball.

I think I’ve predicted the endgame in my head but I’m sure I’m about a thousand universes away from what will really happen.

2. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Brilliant first episode back, I laughed several times, everyone was on fire!

constantino, Mvnl and Maria like this.
  3. “It’s not about who you know. Enlightenment comes from within. The Dalai Lama texted me that”.

Tahani is a TREASURE.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Future Lover likes this.
  5. I can't believe this is her first acting gig. She's such a gem.

6. The second episode of the new season was pretty great. I was a bit worried when a certain evil character came back, but other than that it was good.

I really hope Eleanor and Chidi just stay friends this time. Not that I don't like them together, but I love the idea of them being platonic soulmates in every timeline/universe.

Love Deluxe likes this.
  7. The '582 questions with Tahani Al-Jamil' section had me screaming.

8. I actually would happily watch a whole episode that was 582 Questions with Tahani Al-Jamil.

joe_alouder, rdp, CIOB and 6 others like this.
  9. That episode was pretty good too! It's funny how they're simply DEVOURING plotlines and conjuring new ones out of thin air. I mean, I'm not happy about
    attempts to reset everything again
    but I imagine more craziness will ensue. I just don't know how they'll manage to keep it up.

10. Well, the spoiler above was a misdirection, and I'm pretty sure the "Jeremy Bearimy" will somehow be included in later plots, but can I just say... What a show. The direction they're hinting at gave me good tingles, and put a smile on my face. It's so refreshing to have such a pure-hearted show.

11. The latest episode was amazing. Chidi having an existential crisis had me laughing out quite a few times.

I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen next.

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm only slightly bummed they're still on earth but meanwhile: no clue where this is going next.
    Predictable as it was I laughed too hard at Eleanor with the mailbag and all the stuff of walletguy

Everyone just believing Michael/Janet's explanation feels farfetched/convenient, but I'll run with it.

Leopold likes this.
  13. Chidi's bod tho

LPMA, Red Coat, Monkey0 and 1 other person like this.
  14. rdp

rdp

For the first three episodes I was starting to become concerned that Michael seemed like the only character with an actual arc this season, but episode four turned things around nicely.

15. Uno

Uno

I just started watching this last week and I'm already mid-way through the 2nd season. It's a very cute and I loved the S1 finale twist. Michael is my favorite character.

Maria and Holly Something like this.
  16. The way the tension has been completely let out of the show this season, the wheels are spinning at this point.

17. Yeah, my post above was too hopeful. The last three episodes were weakish.

roblognick likes this.
  18. While I’m enjoying the hijinks thay rach episode brings it feels like it’s not leading to anywhere. They’re kind of making episodes up to fill the order with no end goal. They could essentially do this forever and we’ll he on S10 and still not have resolved anything.

19. This season has felt a bit directionless which is so shocking after the genius of season 1 and 2. I enjoy being the world but am less excited to see the next episode as I assume it'll be more of the same. Season 3 started so strongly as well, I just hope it picks back up.

roblognick likes this.
  20. At this point I’ve stopped paying attention to the storyline and only watch the show, now, for the character interaction.

constantino, kal and roblognick like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.