The Good Place | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Good Place

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by maverick_79, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Why do I feel like the real world episodes are more of a result of a budget cut? To cut back on the lavish 'good place' sets.

2. There is no storyline though. Disappointing season.

Nwonder likes this.
  3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

Oh good, it's not just me - this season really isn't very good. The bar was set so high from the first two seasons, I think the whole going back to Earth route was a misstep. It works when they're all together, not having their own storylines in different parts of the world. In this week's when Eleanor was seeing the memories of The Good Place, it felt so gooood to be back there.

Who knows, maybe Michael really IS bad and this whole series is going to be another elaborate torture device.

4. Maybe Michael is actually an angel being tortured by some higher up?

Nwonder likes this.
  5. The episode with Eleanor’s mum was such a filler. I actually scoffed at the end of the episode prior when Michael randomly mentioned 25 seconds before the credits that she was alive.

I still do kinda resent the existence of any of the twists, even down to them really being in the bad place - or at least not so early. The characters are so amazing that I feel they could have done so much more with them just being in the regular old Good Place instead of all this...nonsense.

6. I wish they weren’t on Earth. I still enjoy the show but it’s a bit dull now.

Monkey0 likes this.
  7. I’m back on board after the second half of this latest episode!

8. Overall, the first two seasons were better, but these last two episodes have been really great, in my humble opinion.

9. The fight scene low-key snatched my wig.

Fake Eleanor is such a gloriously tragic character...

10. JANET!!!!!

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Wait, who is fake Eleanor? Vicky?

Also: starting to wonder if there even is (anyone in) a Good Place..

Future Lover, OspreyQueen and Maria like this.
  12. @Mvnl Yes, it's Vicky.

constantino likes this.
  13. This season is a huge slog. I'm starting to think they're making it up as they go along.

Nwonder and Future Lover like this.
  14. I’ve loved everything about this series.

15. I can't believe that S3 is getting a poor reaction from you guys? I find every episode more fascinating and thought-provoking than the last, on top of being hilarious.

16. Season 3 has really dipped in quality. The writing feels laboured and just not funny anymore!

I’m near giving up on it and I binged seasons 1 & 2 within a week.

Future Lover likes this.
  17. Season 3 has definitely been a little on the filler side, but the latest episode has me excited again to see where they’ll go next.

Despite a dip in quality from seasons one and two, it’s still a remarkable show.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  18. This week’s episode was my favourite this season. I can’t wait until January.

19. Damn I didn't realize this was the fall finale!

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  20. @LPMA Apparently it’s not! I just looked on Wikipedia and it says there is another episode on December 6. Netflix said when I watched it though that it will be back in January so now I’m confused.

LPMA likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.