The Good Place | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

The Good Place

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by maverick_79, Oct 8, 2017.

1. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/good-place/listings/

There's still an episode scheduled for December 6th as of today.

Maria likes this.
  2. I’m really happy that we get one more episode but I wonder if it will be a one off Christmas episode because in the previous 2 seasons we got no episodes from early November to January so this is unusual.

3. This season has been a bit of a bummer, with most of the tension seemingly gone it’s become a bit too twee. I liked the idea of them deciding to spread goodness knowing they wouldn’t be rewarded for it, but the execution has been sort of strange. This last episode with Michael McKean felt like a step in the right direction but the ridiculous hoops he had to jump through to get to where he is surely implies the Good Place either doesn’t exist or the qualifications have been so tampered with that it’s all but impossible to get in. I could see them heading in this direction, actually. The only thing it really brings into question is Mindy St. Clair and her Middle Place.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Legend.

Uno, constantino and Robbietoxic like this.
  5. The joke about Elon Musk a few episodes back is honestly the funniest thing I've heard all year.

6. Yeah, this season has dipped in quality compared to the last two, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless. I liked the criticism of utilitarianism from the latest episode.

7. The last two episodes have felt really back on track. This one in particular was as good as the first two seasons. Having everyone in the same place works as well - the group dynamic is so strong and Janet destroying everyone was by far the highlight of the season.

Right Here, constantino, LiK and 2 others like this.
  8. kal

kal

Honestly, Janet is the highlight of the entire series.

Also, the judge flailing her arms like a lunatic was hilarious.

9. Well, that was probably the best episode in quite some time!

Lila, Lander, Robbietoxic and 2 others like this.
  10. Just came to say the very same. D'Arcy Carden is a star.

Lila, Lander, Robbietoxic and 4 others like this.
  11. Wow at that episode. Talk about a return to form!

constantino, Lila, Maria and 3 others like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Basically all this show desperately needed was for them to get dead again and leave earth.
    But yeah, much better.

Maria likes this.
  13. D'arcy Carden deserves an Emmy for that last episode.

14. It was such a phenomenal episode and I had that same feeling of frustration at the end as I had in season 1 and 2 - I had missed that feeling so much. This episode had so much humour, drama and heart - so good to see it back to its best.

Maria likes this.
  15. Everything is Janet

16. Janet is Everything

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  17. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

End of conversation.

18. LOVED the latest episode! A triumphant return to form! D’Arcy Carden portrayed them all SO well.

“It’s like the Xanax took me” dddd brilliant.

Maria likes this.
  19. FINALLY back on track. Genuinely excited about what happens next as their are stakes again which have been sorely missing all season .

flapjack- and SockMonkey like this.
  20. That last episode was fantastic. Just give Darcy all the awards.

Mvnl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.