The Good Place | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

The Good Place

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by maverick_79, Oct 8, 2017.

1. The show definitely works better when they’re in the afterlife. What a lovely episode.

2. kal

kal

I feel like I watched a different episode compared to everyone else here.

I mean, sure, Janet is the best thing about this show, but I feel a bit fatigued from the fact that they’ve spent 3 seasons going in circles and we practically haven’t had any character development in the last two.

Also, Eleanor not being able to swear at the end has me feeling like they didn’t end up in the actual Good place. Instead, we’re right back where we started.

Blayke, Mvnl and Nwonder like this.
  3. There is no Good Place, God is dead.

roblognick and kal like this.
  4. Pretty much how I feel. The plot has become exhausting for me and so I’ve stopped paying attention but I enjoy watching for the characters

kal likes this.
  5. I think it's fun and they don't really have any rules so can take it in whichever direction they want.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  6. I’ve stanned the actress who plays Janet ever since I saw from her Instagram that she stans Britney hard. So to have an episode very much built around her was great!

constantino, Rob and Nwonder like this.
  7. Her impression of Jason was spot on too I must say.

8. I binged two seasons of this over Christmas and fell head over heels with it but I'm a few episodes deep in season three at the moment and fuck, it's such a slog.

Edit: though going back a page or so it looks like it improves, so I'll stick with it.

9. It picks up over the last two eps but yeh the season on the whole has been extremely disappointing.

HEARTCORE, Maria and kal like this.
  10. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

11. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

alanmr likes this.
  12. It’s back on! Decent episode last night. I feel like they’re starting to get the bottom of things, finally.

13. Mid way through season 3 I suddenly had the feeling I was watching some sort of weird propaganda sitcom, the sort of thing that characters in Black Mirror would become addicted to whilst the world goes to shit around them. Thankfully the last few episodes have been a lot better. I think resetting them again for this season was a bit much.

14. Did I dream it up, or is this the final season?

15. @Hudweiser It's not! They renewed it for a fourth season last month.

Robbietoxic and Hudweiser like this.
  16. We still have some left of this season though don't we?

17. Two more.

roblognick likes this.
  18. Amazing episode yesterday! I mean, at this point, I just want the shenanigans to go on without much delay, since we had quite a mid-season lull. But the world-building in this season has been pretty good, we met Doug Forcett, the Judge was a lot more present,
    we even have a new freakin "Good Place"!
    Ah man, I wish they stopped coming from my scalp. There were a lot of downsides this season too, but when it's good, it's reeaaaaally good.

19. Fantastic episode and everything coming full circle is a genius move because it reads like it was the plan all along. Looking forward to how it all plays out. I’m assuming with one episode left of the season, we’re in for at least one more surprise.

Robbietoxic and Maria like this.
  20. Yeah that was really good. Can’t believe there’s only one episode left of this series. We’ve only just found the groove!

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.