The GOT7 Rate - #15

he/him
ratelogo.png

GOT7 debuted on January 16th 2014, succeeding 2PM and proceeding Stray Kids (and Day6) as JYP Entertainment's flagship boy group for the 3rd Generation of k-pop. Originally designed to have a more international appeal, the group's line up consists of four Korean members (JB, Jinyoung, Youngjae and Yugyeom) and three foreign (Mark, Jackson and Bambam who represent the USA, Hong Kong and Thailand respectively). The group started off with a more hip hop-focused sound, but would go on to explore a variety of different genres and concepts, proving to be a pretty versatile group. They are known for their eye catching and razor sharp choreography and live performances, as well as their strong bond and colorful personalities, leading to many memorable variety show segments. On January 6th 2021, mere days away from celebrating their 7th anniversary as a band, all 7 members left JYP Entertainment after choosing not to renew their contracts. Although not officially disbanded, the future of the group for now is uncertain, so let's have this rate to commemorate one of the most prolific (and yet, still pretty underrated, if you ask me) k-pop groups of the 3rd Gen.

RULES

1. Score every song from 0-10, with one song being allowed the coveted 11. Choose wisely.

Quarter/half scores are accepted (i.e. 2.25, 6.5, 7.75) as these help break ties.

2. Commentary is optional, but providing some for your 11 is greatly encouraged.
Tell me why it's your favourite GOT7 song!

3. No trolling is permitted.
I don't think anyone will troll, but I'm gonna say it anyway. If you are participating, I imagine you like the group to some degree. Don't come into my inbox with almost entirely low scores to skew the results negatively with some kind of statement that you dislike the group. I'm not saying you need to give everything high scores (trust me, GOT7 have some dud singles and I will be scoring those accordingly), but you should use the full range of scores appropriately. 0-3 for songs you think are bad to terrible, 4-6 for songs that are mediocre to okay, 7-9 for songs that are good to great and 10s (plus your 11) are for songs that you wouldn't mind seeing win the rate. If you love the group a lot and want to score most songs highly, that's more than okay. If you hand out mostly low scores to the Japanese singles I won't blame you for that though ddddd

4. EVERY song must be rated.
If there's a particular version you prefer, whether it's a remix (officially released or a live mix) or a different language version, score that one. I think the overall number of tracks to be rated isn't going to be too high and you will be given plenty of time to listen and rate all of them.

SONGS

Korean Singles

Girls Girls Girls
A
Stop Stop It
Just Right
If You Do
Fly
Hard Carry
Never Ever
Tomorrow, Today (JJ Project)
You Are
Look
Lullaby
Miracle
Focus On Me (Jus2)
Eclipse
You Calling My Name
Not By the Moon
Breath
Last Piece

Japanese Singles

Around the World
Love Train
Laugh Laugh Laugh
Hey Yah
My Swagger
Turn Up
The New Era
I Won’t Let You Go
Love Loop

Votes are due 3rd of April.
ddd28c6487e2e788f4a499ec283e70741de15e30.gif

Last edited:
he/him
SONG LIST
Girls Girls Girls
A
Stop Stop It
Just Right
If You Do
Fly
Hard Carry
Never Ever
Tomorrow, Today
You Are
Look
Lullaby
Miracle
Focus On Me
Eclipse
You Calling My Name
Not By the Moon
Breath
Last Piece

Around the World
Love Train
Laugh Laugh Laugh
Hey Yah
My Swagger
Turn Up
The New Era
I Won’t Let You Go
Love Loop

Votes are due 3rd of April.

7313f9683f1439357d40d9aed92da5f9.gif

Last edited:
he/him
So um, yeah, I think it’s safe to say there just isn’t that much interest in this rate so I think I’ll just cancel it. Sorry everyone.

Reactions: aux
So um, yeah, I think it’s safe to say there just isn’t that much interest in this rate so I think I’ll just cancel it. Sorry everyone.

There isn’t any interest? I’m happy to participate but I thought we had until the end of the month?