The Great British Bake Off | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Great British Bake Off

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikl C, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I was disappointed to see Glenn go, but he deserved it. I wish Howard was still in it though!

Here for either Christine or Kimberley to win. However, more than anything, I just want Ruby to stop with the false modesty.

2. EXACTLY

She's lovely but it's insufferable

It's all about Kimberly obvs, what's wrong with being confident and capable ?

3. Poor lovable Glenn. Ruby is driving me mad.

4. I Still love Christine although I have a feeling she's out next. Ruby has to be in the final but I can't predict who with... maybe this weeks star baker? She's been listening to the advice and toning down the design and concentrating on substance. I thought Kimberly was a dead cert to be in the final but I'm starting to doubt it.

5. Ruby pisses me off with her 'excuses'.

She's always 'Oh it's terrible because blah blah blah' just for the judges then to say it's excellent.

She's playing a game and there's no need on a bloody baking show!

6. I love Ruby.

7. Ruby is annoying. I love Christine and Francis.

8. I love Ruby, but her fake modesty is a little bit annoying.

Nowhere near as annoying as Kim though.

9. I want Ruby or Kimberley to win. I think Kimberley will do it. Christine is annoying as anything, and the other two are interchangeable to me

10. There's obviously been a production decision that she needs to take a mid season dip so she can come back stronger at the end and win, she's so obviously the best and i've yet to hear a proper criticism of any of her bakes.

11. I am hooked on the Irish version of this. Everyone is so nice. My favourite is Jarek.

12. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

It's funny, I really like Kimberley, I think she seems like a really nice woman, but my other half finds her really smug and arrogant, and hates the way she always "claims" (his word) to know what all the technical bakes are meant to look like even when everyone else is all "I don't even know what one is!". I could see Kimberley getting her own TV series out of this whether she wins or not.

Ruby could still win, but the shocked "You mean it doesn't taste like dog shit?!" reactions are becoming very tiring.

It feels like no-one is brilliant at the moment, which makes the competition more open, but in some ways this series also feels like a competition to find who ends up being the least shit baker that week, rather than the best baker over the course of the 10 weeks.

13. Your boyfriend is correct about Kimberley. But the best bit is her proclaiming how easy something is then spectacularly failing at it. Her reaction to criticism is always enjoyable.

14. Hahahaha this made me burst out laughing!

I was a Kimberley believer but Mikl C has made me see the error of my ways and I am now firmly team Frances. I just hope she isn't hoisted by her own petard with regards to her creativity.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  15. LTG

LTG

I'm so sad Christine went.

16. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

HMMMM. Not sure about that result. It was definitely close, but I think Ruby has had more close calls over the series than Beca did, so it seems unfair that in the semi-final they're only taking that weekend into account.

17. BTG

BTG

Ruby could crap on a plate and they'd praise it for flavour.

It's the final weeks, and in-between her last bake last week, and those messes she served repeatedly tonight - not only was the bake hit and miss, but the presentation was utterly horrific.

18. Fun fact: I have 15 mutual friends with Ruby on Facebook. It doesn't stop me from thinking she's a total wet blanket.

I want Kimberley to win, but to be honest, there's no one utterly here.

19. All bow down to Queen Ruby.

20. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

No.

So the next series is going to BBC1. Uh oh. They'd better not dick around with the format. It's getting over 7 million viewers on BBC2 (which is huge for them) so I hope they realise that that many people are watching it because of the way it is, and we don't suddenly get conflict between contestants and unnecessary drama added in. I can't even see it getting more than another couple of million viewers at most by moving, I really don't know why they're bothering.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.