The Great British Bake Off | Page 627 | The Popjustice Forum

The Great British Bake Off

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikl C, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I was coming here to say the exact same thing. She would be perfect for the show, and I reckon would bounce off Noel’s weirder side a bit better.

For what it’s worth, I think Noel has been an excellent host. I find his interactions with both contestants and judges to be funny and heartfelt. Didn’t expect him to fit, but he’s been great.

2. RJF

RJF

I think Noel and Sandy have been fine. I also think Mel and Sue were fine. I don't think there's been much difference between the two styles. If anything Sandy has appeared to be far more friendly to most of the contestants.

3. Sandi Toksvig is one of life's greatest people so I'm disappointed by the news. At least we still have her on QI!

I prefer Sandi & Noel to Mel & Sue though as Mel is great but I find Sue terminally unfunny on whatever programme she appears.

Alphableat likes this.
  4. I kinda enjoyed Harry Hill on the kids one

boyaloud, c_0_r_3_y and Alphableat like this.
  5. Oooh Bake Off drama. The full thread is kind of amazing with former bakers chiming in (I never liked Dan)

junglefish, boyaloud and A&E like this.
  6. Of course D*n has to be a contrarian. Sandi cried a couple of times eliminating people, she cared. I wouldn’t blame her for not liking Dan though.

7. Noel, Prue and the male judge are all confirmed to be back for the next season.

Andrew likes this.
  8. Dan is and was such a fucking prick.

9. BTG

BTG

Sandi taking a dislike to Dan and Dan alone? Queer icon.

10. Sandi is such an icon but seemed quite absent, especially last series. At least we'll never have to put up with another 'Sandi is in this sack' gag from Noel. Those got very old very quickly.

Rob, Mikl C and Stopremix like this.
  11. Is there anyplace online to watch the Derry Girls episode?

Andrew likes this.
  12. Me when Dan starts spewing his bile yet again:

13. Whew I'm glad a gay with talent came in with a receipt

14. Not Actual Tory Gay being put in his place by Rugby Gay. We love to see it.

15. When you think you’re spilling the tea, but it’s just coffee, and it’s bitter.

16. This, I'm keeping this

17. ddd all those tweets and "maybe I'm the problem" still not crossing his mind... worms confirmed.

18. Shocker everyone having a different experience to Dan, I have worked with Sandi (only once and not in the context of Bake Off so I couldn't comment if she enjoyed that job but) she was truly the loveliest and just wanted everything to be easy for everyone. So polite and kind too.

Tiziano's Boy, Bslg17 and phily693 like this.
  19. She's drinking with a forrem fave bakeoff gay and let's just say Dan is that girl we knew he was.

Sam, constantino, Andrew and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.