The Great British Bake Off | Page 749 | The Popjustice Forum

The Great British Bake Off

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikl C, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I was gutted. Sal was my fave!

diamondliam likes this.
  2. I'm a couple of weeks behind, but like tbe lookalike challenge in Bake-Off, some of their busts were the stuff of nightmares

If You Go likes this.
  3. I was hesitant to start this series because I loved Ferne as the host and didn't think Alan would be a good fit, but I'm loving him so far. Brings a bit of camp to it but not too much.
    I also adore that woman, she is my all.

Sugaboy likes this.
  4. Daisy Ridley was incredible value for money tonight. I don't think I've ever seen anything she's been in, but I absolutely stan.

Alexandra Burke continues to excel at everything she does, including fondant. A legend.

Rob, Sugaboy, DMDR and 4 others like this.
  5. I tore through seasons 3 & 4 of Throw Down over the last week. Perfect, perfect show. Keith is perfect. Siobhan McSweeney is perfect. Rose and her iconic long skirt - perfect. I love how queer 4 is, too.

6. Next up: All That Glitters. Premiered last night, it was fine, Katherine Ryan was pleasantly filthy with that mandrel. (Sewing Bee tonight as well, but that's not my favourite for some reason.)

Sugaboy likes this.
  7. I usually love Katherine Ryan but didn’t find her a natural fit for this at all. She’s good at being snarky and deadpan, not at sincerity or showing an interest in these peoples’ hopes and dreams. The two expert judges were hilariously humourless and dour as well, especially Solange.

I think the judging set up works a lot better on Sewing Bee - Patrick and Esme are great although I accept that Joe Lycett is a bit marmite.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  8. Talking of presenting, I think Matt Lucas has been great in every other Bake Off thing since the actual main season itself (Xmas/New Year and now the celebrity one). Way less tryhard, irritating and more relaxed. I'd be fine with him coming back for the next season proper now he seems to have settled into it a bit.

Rogue likes this.
  9. I can't wait for them to cast four good personalities and kick them off in sequence.

10. I enjoyed the jewellery but yes the show does seem a bit off!

Looking forward to the return of Queen Esme tonight.

11. Sewing Bee is brilliant, Case point one:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.