The Great British Bake Off | Page 787 | The Popjustice Forum

The Great British Bake Off

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikl C, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Not them pulling the padge like that

[​IMG]

Remorque, Square, pmas and 5 others like this.
  2. I honestly thought Matt was going to say no one is going home. As he was more upset announcing an elimination 4 weeks ago.

Andrew likes this.
  3. What! I really thought he was going to win! Chugs’ looked awful!

4. I can't believe they knocked out the front runner for no reason

How infuriating

Blond, Sally_Harper and Dejan like this.
  5. I… thought it was the best episode in ages? I much preferred seeing the “normal” bakers Chrystelle and Chigs transcend themselves and unexpectedly break into the final three, over someone who has delivered us minimal narrative and seemed predestined for the win since the very start.

Granted, of the two resounding favourites I think Giuseppe should have gone tonight given that his showstopper tasted the worst and he didn’t win the technical, but Jurgen also had a fairly iffy performance last week.

Remorque, londonrain, Someboy and 8 others like this.
  6. The way I was dreading watching this week because I was convinced they were going to send the c(h)ig or the last woman home

[​IMG]

Only to still be disappointed by them not sending Giuseppe's ugly curved-pearl-dildo-surrounded-by-neon-lime-anal-bead looking creation home

[​IMG]

7. As probably the most improved contestant over the length of the competition, I can easily see Chrystelle winning this now.

8. I am fully team Crystelle, she's from the smallish London area I live in so I will also be scouring the streets looking for her.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  9. I’m still livid over last night’s results. Not sure if I’m going to watch the final next week, what a fucking joke.

Sally_Harper likes this.
  10. Well I loved it, the best episode in ages I think, and I am always so glad when they actually judge the episode based on the episode, I thought they were getting rid of Chigs or Crystelle regardless, so for them not to…

All four bakers did exceptionally well though.

11. Office conversation observed:

Mel: “Apparently we lived two doors down from Yogi before we moved.”
    Ally: “Jurgen.”
    Mel: “I didn't realise though because they said he was German and I always thought he was Welsh.”

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    Remorque, Rob, Sally_Harper and 2 others like this.
  12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Giuseppe is definitely the one I’m least emotionally invested in out of the top four, but based on the edit and that boring-looking showstopper, I wasn’t surprised to see Jürgen go.

I also have spent the whole of this season being low-key obsessed with how incredibly beautiful Crystelle is. If ever there were a chance of someone turning me…

Andrew likes this.
  13. Giuseppe is a sweet person, but definitely the least exciting of the group.

It was a shame to see Jurgen go, but if it had to happen so baking underdogs and the two most beautiful humans on the planet Crystelle (seriously — that woman is beyond stunning) and Chigs (Cindy, my bavarois is leaking) make it to the finale, than so be it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Andrew and londonrain like this.
  14. I haven't been as enamored or impressed by Jurgen as most but I do think this is the best final four, and now final three, in absolute ages. At this point, I'd be happy with any one of them winning (though, I want it to be Crystelle!).

londonrain likes this.
  15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Low-key living for the absolute meltdown Crystelle will have if she wins.

16. RJF

RJF

I think that Jurgen was amazing but I also don’t think he was giving production much to work with. He basically came in, slayed, continue to slay, and… was majorly unfazed by the whole thing. And I agree that in general it’s a brilliant Top 4, so they kind of had freedom to do whatever.

I also think last week’s episode was a brilliant hour and a bit of television. Bake Off is always… pleasant, but I rarely find it really compelling. Whoever edited the showstopper challenge deserves a raise.

eddy2375, Stewart, Artangel and 6 others like this.
  17. Crystelle is just about every project manager I’ve ever worked with. I love her manic energy and posh as fuck voice.

He, Someboy and londonrain like this.
  18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Looking at who the winners of the technical challenge have been this season:
    1. Maggie
    2. Jürgen
    3. Giuseppe
    4. Jürgen
    5. Giuseppe
    6. Jürgen
    7. Giuseppe
    8. Chigs
    9. Jürgen

The fact that only two of the nine technical challenges were won by somebody other than Giuseppe or Jürgen...

19. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Paul and Prue are phoning it in a bit, huh?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.