The Great British Bake Off | Page 788 | The Popjustice Forum

The Great British Bake Off

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikl C, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Prue particularly! I’ve thought for a while that she’s just ‘there’. She either just agrees with Paul, or says the bare minimum about the bake she’s just tried. She could be bringing a lot more.
    I’ve also found Noel and Matt completely insufferable this year. Noel needs a ying to his yang to really work in this context but Matt occupies the same ‘comedy’ space and them constantly trying to outdo each other in the left field whacky stakes is cringe.

eddy2375, Rob and Beautiful Child 2 like this.
  2. I absolutely love Noel on it. He can stay. Matt tries to do too much for me though.

Quimogen, michaelhird and Andrew like this.
  3. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Noel is the only one who manages to play well off the contestants but everyone else should really be replaced over the next couple of series.

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I agree that Noel needs someone better to be the counterweight. Matt Lucas is really not it.

Prue's "if I gave handshakes, I'd give you a handshake, but I don't, so you don't get one" speech to Jurgen was unintentionally hilarious. Poor Jurgen.

5. Noel has grown immensely over his seasons, he needs a more plays-it-straight foil to really get better.

Rob and diamondliam like this.
  6. It really tickled me that Jurgen just did not get Noel's humour at all. He had zero time for it. And was it the last episode that he just upped and walked away from him mid-joke? I know so much of it is set up, but I genuinely think that was probably very real.

This is a brilliant top 3. I'd be happy with any of them winning at this point. I had a Giuseppe v Jurgen situation running in my head all series, and Giuseppe was my man, so I'm happy he's made it.

7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The funniest Noel moment of the episode was Noel imitating Jurgen's deadpan replies to jokes.

"I'm here because I am a scientific, highly efficient baker. Why are you here?"

pmas and ~Paul~ like this.
  8. It's really going to either Chigs or Crystelle. The former has improved the most throughout the season and the latter has based a lot of bakes around her family members and experiences so people probably feel like they know her best.

Martyn and londonrain like this.
  9. Excuse me how dare you disrespect Chigs' bake based on his sister's bathroom tile?

[​IMG]

Remorque, eddy2375, mattieh and 8 others like this.
  10. The most annoying thing about this show is that the Lidl gingerbread mother only ever seems to say “I’ll put the kettle on.”

Gender mandated nonsense.

londonrain likes this.
  11. There was me hoping the Crystelligencia would show up and show out tonight...

[​IMG]

12. I don’t mind which of them win, they all seem like great bakers and lovely people. I want everyone to win!

beyoncésweave and constantino like this.
  13. So when do I get to gurgle Chigs’ b*by b*tter

boombazookajoe likes this.
  14. RJF

RJF

Undo another shirt button, Chigs.

eddy2375 and boombazookajoe like this.
  15. RJF

RJF

Okay.

I'm crying.

16. Imagine your parents being proud of you. What a wild concept.

17. Crystelle's sisters, mum and aunt serving glamour via Quicktime.

Remorque, eddy2375, Syzygyz and 3 others like this.
  18. Probably the first time in the history of Bake Off I'd let all three finalists top me

[​IMG]

Blayke, Remorque, Dejan and 18 others like this.
  19. RJF

RJF

I want to know who at Channel 4 is watching these episodes back and thinking that Noel and Matt work well together.

Remorque, eddy2375, Subwaykid and 5 others like this.
  20. Prue and Paul acting surprised as if the bakers don't flop the final every season because they overstretch them.

Dejan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.