The Greatest Eurovision Songs That Never Were | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Greatest Eurovision Songs That Never Were

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Charley, Mar 15, 2009.

1. That or Welcome to the Party

2. This is why I became a Eurovision fan! I remember texting for this song to stay into the competition! It advanced to the final though, but Kate Ryan won. Belgium Eurovision 2008 had some serious bops!

Childhood memories!

Charley and ImaginationS like this.
  3. We sadly can file this bop in this thread:

4. Since the mood is Eesti Laul currently.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    A&E and constantino like this.

5. A song. I'm somewhat glad Ira managed to get the trophy that year though as we wouldn't have got Walk On Water.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

This was wasted in 2001.

7. Speaking of 2001, here's another robbed one, would have done a lot better than 22nd!

Gnuh Gnuh likes this.
  8. Bop. This should totally have won that year instead of this dreary ballad for sure!

ImaginationS likes this.

9. submitted and rejected the same year the Greek broadcasters went with the NQ Utopian Land

I think the greek ver. is her best song so I can't help wondering what could have been..

10. But then we wouldn't have got this year's winner xx

[​IMG]

Everything happens for a reason!

Wishlight, Squashua, phily693 and 2 others like this.
  11. I remember being SHOOK when Peter had this on the front page in 2012.

Gnuh Gnuh likes this.
  12. Ms. Polvedere's 2009 attempt

constantino likes this.
  13. Lisandro Cuxi came second in the French selection competition this year. Mercy is great, but I think Eva would have had a bigger impact in the final.

Alenko likes this.
  14. This is the best ethno-bop that Serbia never sent to Eurovision. Is it too dated now? I'd send it immediately.

Alenko and constantino like this.
  15. Yeah I think it could have done better. But I just loved Mercy much more so I'm glad it went in the end.

Talkin about Serbia, I reallyyyy like this song from this year's Beovizija:

constantino and Future Lover like this.
  16. Yeah, I voted for them. I was kinda happy with Balkanika, just annoyed they were presented as favorites from the very start, everyone knew they had it in the bag.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Alenko and constantino like this.
  17. Svatovi was that bop, and actually more catchy than Nova Deca. Ultimately I do think Serbia made the right decision, though.

Alenko and Future Lover like this.
  18. Can't they resend Svatovi next year?

19. I think the song can't be publicly available before a certain date, right?

20. Is there a studio version of this anywhere?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.