The Halloween Franchise

Halloween II is fine, but I think in retrospect after so many sequels it just feels like they went the safest route possible. I personally liked the idea of a sequel with Laurie living in a sky rise, which would've opened them up to new things, but in the end a safe sequel is probably why they were able to make the series last as long as it did.

I'd have been fine if Laurie wasn't in Halloween II and her story ended in part 1. Then we had Alice as our new final girl. Oh well.

I think the brother / sister concept tied them down too much in a sense and as someone mentioned before, it was odd Laurie never found out (just some random flashback to her being told she was adopted).

D

Deleted member 33252

Halloween II is fine but could have been better. I watched a video about the franchise a few weeks ago and it mentioned another director's idea for the sequel being Laurie being stalked in college by Michael years later, and I kind of think that sounds like a better concept.

He/They
Halloween II is fine but could have been better. I watched a video about the franchise a few weeks ago and it mentioned another director's idea for the sequel being Laurie being stalked in college by Michael years later, and I kind of think that sounds like a better concept.
So...
Final Exam

As a 12-year-old watching Halloween 4 in cinemas, I assumed that Jimmy was Jamie's dad because I had seen the television cut of Halloween II a few years before and assumed that Laurie and Jimmy got married after surviving the hospital massacre.