The Halloween Franchise | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

The Halloween Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by silkandskin, Oct 18, 2018.

1. I love the sound of that! I miss the days when trailers held back, so I love that they're incorporating old footage so they don't spoil too much of the new footage. I'm going to see it no matter what, so all I need is a taste to get me excited.

Andrew likes this.
  2. I hope they both die, tbh.

3. A final The Hunt-esque beat down sounds fun.

4. Kyle Richards being the only survivor, yup yup yup!

5. Yeah I really hope they do the opposite with the marketing of this then the other ones especially Kills. I think the new Scream showed you can still have a hit movie without showing the entire thing in the marketing.

ohaimanabu and Andrew like this.
  6. I'm... not that excited. Cameos and fan service aside, these ones are all less interesting than the Jamie Lloyd trilogy.

ohaimanabu, Uno and RidesOnTheBreeze like this.
  7. I read the other day that JLC described the finale having a surprise twist and will make people “angry”… which I didn’t care for, I have to say. But that trailer sounds just great. I wonder when we’ll see it?

ohaimanabu likes this.
  8. I really hope they're not going to go with some outrageous twist just for the sake of shocking the audience, but the last film was so shit that I have very little confidence in what's coming next.

ohaimanabu, Guyhawke!, Alenko and 8 others like this.
  9. The twist is…

Laurie is Michael’s sister.

Groundbreaking.

ohaimanabu, wodny and Andrew like this.
  10. Even that Scream trailer showed way too much for my liking. How much more impactful would that opening scene have been if we hadn't already seen most of it in the trailer...

Digital_Fossil, Steve003 and Andrew like this.
  11. True, but to Scream's credit, I thought they were showing too much of the opening kill with Tara which as we know wasn't quite the case.

ohaimanabu, Steve003 and Andrew like this.
  12. There is an online rumour that the twist is:

that Michael is dead and this a random new psychopath, showing that anybody could be the boogeyman under the mask

[​IMG]

ohaimanabu, johnny_tsunami and wodny like this.
  13. [​IMG]

ohaimanabu, sesita, Red Coat and 4 others like this.
  14. What kind of Scooby-Doo nonsense?!

15. [​IMG]

ohaimanabu, lushLuck, sesita and 4 others like this.
  16. A few thoughts thoughts on this alleged twist…

1. Don’t the Akkad’s have a clause where Michael can’t be killed off indefinitely? If they clam he died off-screen (the RHOBH of it all) then that sounds indefinite to me.
    2. If he is dead, who is this other super human killing everybody?
    3. If he is dead, why are we here? Why are we making this film?
    4. Didn’t Friday the 13th do this with part 5?

17. Are we talking about him dying offscreen between Kills and Ends? What a complete anticlimax if so.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  18. That’s right.

Awful if true!

[​IMG]

Andrew likes this.
  19. Not Ends heading back to Georgia for two weeks of reshoots, months after filming wrapped.

lushLuck likes this.
  20. Yikes! I’m going to say, at least they’re trying to fix things. I loved Kills, but many didn’t, so at least they’re trying to get it right.

lushLuck and ohaimanabu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.