The Handmaid's Tale | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

The Handmaid's Tale

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Meathook, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Yeah this entire season has been a waste of everyone's time. You could fit the entire plot of the past 12 episodes into 2 when you cut off all the filler stuff.

2. I watched the first 3 then checked out, which episodes are worth a watch?

3. Summary for you:

[​IMG]

Snatched, SockMonkey, LPMA and 19 others like this.
  4. From 8 on (except for ep 9 which as a huge filler) it has a little more action.

kingbm likes this.
  5. I feel this week's episode was supposed to be eventful, but meh. I'm intruiged about the finale. If it's not a big game changer and it's just June helping someone to escape (this time around it's the children) again, then I'm checking out for good.

HorseTears and lushLuck like this.
  6. I cannot forgive this show for dragging this season out so much but that finale... I can't stop fucking crying...
    They fucking did it! That moment when that little girl recognised her dad... I fucking welp! I know this isn't even real but I'm so proud of these women for pulling it off!

And fuck yeah for Fred selling Serena out and now she's going to get what she deserves. This this whole episode was so satisfying (other than June yet again being stuck in fucking Gilead for another season). I can't wait for season 4 to see the fallout from Gilead now 52 children plus Marthas and Handmaids are in Canada.

7. This episode had it's moments, like Serena getting what she deserves and the plane arrival, but of course June was left behind again. It's not even the fact that she's still in Gilead, but how repetitive this all felt. It's impossible that there are no consequences and hangings after all of this. I guess I'll see the premiere for the next season and check if it's worth enduring another 13 episodes. If we find those Handmaids back to their daily tasks and buying groceries like nothing happened, I swear...

Osiris, Yuri and Bruno Ferreira like this.
  8. Gilead is June’s Lost island. Even when she leaves, she’ll have to go back.

Rob, Osiris, Bobbyrae and 1 other person like this.
  9. While I enjoyed the finale a lot, it really should have been Episode 2 of the season.

Sugaboy and spaceship like this.
  10. So I’ve got this entire season saved on my Sky box - by the sounds of it, it’s not worth watching. Could I just watch the first and last episodes of the series and get what has happened?

11. You definetely wouldn't lost much by watching only the premiere and the finale, but I'd say watch episodes 1, 5, 6, 8, 11 and 13.

Honestly, the whole season would fit on a YouTube recap of 10 minutes. You might as well find it there already.

12. Yes, and they're really the only episodes that matter.

13. The season is definitely bloated, and would have benefited from being 8 episodes, but I can forgive that when it builds to something so brilliant.

What a finale.

I’m really, really hoping that next season starts with some bloody action though. I don’t see how it can’t though - not just because of how this series ended, but I’m sure the writers are well aware of the criticism of this series too.

14. Ok the finale was lovely. Cried a lot during the last 10 minutes.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  15. Yeah this was a satisfying and emotional finale but they better get things moving fast next year.

Does anyone know the name of the song playing during the last minutes?

Also, I’d expect more Nick next year:

lushLuck likes this.
  17. Thanks a lot!

18. That ending...

Sugaboy and spaceship like this.
  19. Tense and absolutely nail-biting finale. I have to confess I teared up in the final few minutes.

It’s such a shame this season was such a mixed bag. Honestly, everything pre the Washington episode should have never made it to air.

I think the finale shows that the series now can only really make an impact when the stakes are raised. Every time we get a bottle episode with June shopping and scowling it just re-emphasises the implausibility of her still being alive.

Season four needs to be high-octane with June on-the-run, escalating tensions with Gilead and Canada on the brink of war. They cannot simply open things with June doing the groceries and conveniently evading any consequences for her actions... again.

Sugaboy, Sam, Big Bang and 5 others like this.
  20. I can't agree more. I hope the finale is a start of a new chapter in Gilead, and that the balance of power has been shaken.

HorseTears, lushLuck and Bobbyrae like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.