The Handmaid's Tale | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

The Handmaid's Tale

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Meathook, Apr 27, 2017.

1. I wonder if we'll see more of June's mom or Omar and his family. I'd like to hope they're still alive.

2. Rob likes this.
  3. I am finding season 2 riveting and brilliantly made TV as usual, but emotionally it is a slog to get through and I’m not sure if I’ll manage if it ends up being 4+ seasons of hopelessness. I feel like with the type of show it is, it would be nice to draw to some sort of conclusion (Positive or negative) by the end of season 3 or it’ll start to go round in circles, but given the success I can’t see them ending it so soon.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  4. I agree with you. It would be interesting to see June leaving with the baby or dying while trying.
    The show could then be about Canada and other countries try to destroy Gilead.

Joe. likes this.
  5. That episode was utterly compelling. Elizabeth Moss is phenomenal as always, but Yvonne Strahovski was superb as well.

6. I don't know if this is the thread (please politely tell me off if it is), but as someone who agrees with the article about the gratuitous violence depicted on the show, but who's still interested in Margaret Atwood's novels, which one's should I read? I'd prefer one's that aren't as emotionally draining as this show is. I understand that her books may not make me feel like the show does, them being different mediums and all, but I just thought I'd say it anyway.

7. The book itself is nowhere near as painful and agonising as tv show. If you haven't read any Atwood's books I'd start with Oryx and Crake.

Cathal likes this.
  8. Hmmmm, I don't know how I feel about this season yet.

I though the ending of episode 3 felt way too cruel and then episode 4 felt kind of lifeless. I have yet to watch episode 5. I get what they're trying to do but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It really depends on what this season is working towards. I echo the idea that I don't want them to do too many seasons of this show.

9. Episode 6 definitely starts to make it clear where the story is going. The ending is fantastic. And there are even some brief moments of levity throughout (but also some crushing sadness).

10. Episode six was everything! I can see many more Emmy's to come. @VicePresidentJocasta, have you seen the entire season, or just the first six? I'm dying to see the aftermath.

Osiris likes this.
  11. Something about the pacing of the show annoys me. Like it seems every conversation, every little action happens at a glacial speed.

Rob likes this.
  12. Yes, the latest episode was amazing. Serena is such a deliciously complicated character and Yvonne plays her brilliantly. What the fuck is gonna happen next! I can’t wait.

heavymetalGAGA, sfmartin and Osiris like this.
  13. What a great way to end an episode!

I enjoyed the June/Serena dynamic but it's going to get old fast. This isn't Princess fucking Sarah!

I hope the commander
    got killed or at least severely injured.

14. I finally just saw 7. It's quite great, and finds a nice balance between utter dread / bits of hope. It's a Moira flashback episode. The attack at the end of 6 has some major ramifications.

15. "Oh you don't want to fuck somebody you don't want to? Poor thing!" I yelped. June with that scalding tea.

16. Iconic episode 6. So stylistic aswell.

17. Yeah, best episode of this season for me. Really excited to see what's next.

Future Lover likes this.
  18. I almost never try and keep up with the current season and prefer to binge, but I am hopelessly obsessed with this show and Westworld and have to find the new eps immediately. I don’t want to know what that says about my psychology though they are both pretty bleak.

dontkillmyvibe likes this.
  19. Serena Joy is a vile, nasty piece of work. Emmys for Yvonne.

dontkillmyvibe, Monkey0 and sfmartin like this.
  20. As the show doesn't really do TWISTS! I was utterly shocked at the ending of episode 6. Does Waterford die? Does the leadership of Gilead get decimated?

Also, is it ever explained what caused the spike in infertility? Have I just missed it?

dontkillmyvibe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.