The Haunting of… + Midnight Mass | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

The Haunting of… + Midnight Mass

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by wickedbruv, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Can't fucking wait. Plus if anybody has seen The Last Winter they'll know the lead guy very well.

Neon Green and johnny_tsunami like this.
  2. Midnight Mass is getting very good early reviews. I’m so pumped for this.

3. I clocked one of the reviewers saying it’s slow paced. Please don’t be as slow as Bly.

4. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I want to read reviews but I’ve been seeing a lot of talk about going in knowing as little as possible, so if y’all read any that don’t contain spoilers please share!

5. I didn’t think Bly was slow, just not scary and a big let down after Hill House.

AshtrayHeart and johnoclock like this.
  6. SBK

SBK

Bly was more sad than scary. I am looking forward to this. I just hope its not too slow.

7. Bly was not necessarily boring but it was slllllooooooowwwww. There were whole episodes where barely anything happened and it was a slog to get through at times, especially for something billed as horror where you sort of expect the thrills and chills. Yes the finale landed and all the character work paid off emotionally but I'm really wary of signing up for another 7 hour story that could easily be told in 3.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Judy Jetson Hooker, Lately and Andrew like this.
  8. I’m on episode three and this is VERY SE-LOW.

The scares are kinda cool but not like exactly too scary but it’s there.

The doctor’s mother in old age makeup is annoying me cause it’s done so badly.

LPT and Andrew like this.
  9. Two episodes in and I’m loving it so far. It’s not particularly scary at all but the moodiness is great and I love the stories Mike tells. Great cast.

LPT and Dreampopboy like this.
  10. Okay looks like things really kick off at the end of episode 3 and from episode 4 onwards…

11. I'm loving it. It's not packed with scares (though they're there, and they're GOOD) but I feel like each scene, each conversation adds something to the overall story. It's building and building and I can't wait to see how the story pans out.

I've seen four episodes so far and the end of four...

My poor baby Zach Gilford!!!

Dreampopboy likes this.
  12. I'm sorry this has to be said but the priest's acting is giving me...

[​IMG]
    and he even looks like him. I-

Also, Riley's acting in episode 5? Chile, he doesn't have the range.

Samantha Sloyna is slaying the hell outta her role by the by. She deserves all the awards.

13. SBK

SBK

I'm 2 episodes in. It is slow, but really intriguing. Really want to watch more but the other half has to be up at 5am....

14. Not the dead animals affecting me more than anything.

Mjg0806 likes this.
  15. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

The big round glasses KILL me.

[​IMG]

LPT and Judy Jetson Hooker like this.
  16. Midnight Mass wasn't that good.

17. Props to Samantha Sloyna because I can’t remember the last tie I wanted to punch a TV character in the face like I do Bev.

LPT and Dreampopboy like this.
  18. Watched two episodes so far and I've been really happy with it. I think the slower pacing helps it to be more immersive cause I feel completely hooked. There is a lot of great ideas and I can't wait to see where they take it!

Dreampopboy likes this.
  19. I just finished it. Just like Hill House it's as much a drama as it is horror which comes sporadically. As personal as I've read this show is it is obviously a huge homage to Stephen King and a particular novel in general which I won't mention cause of spoilers. And just like King Mr. Flanagan loves to hear himself talk. A lot of the time it's beautiful but some monologues you just start to smile and nod politely. However he makes me care (or loathe in the case of Bev, cause fuck Bev) about his characters so when the horror does come it hit me hard and some of those monologues broke my cold black heart. For me Mike Flanagan has proven no one does emotional horror like him.

LPT and IndyRS like this.
  20. It goes from 0-100 at one point

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.