The Haunting of… + Midnight Mass | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

The Haunting of… + Midnight Mass

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by wickedbruv, Oct 14, 2018.

1. I honestly don't know how they can go for a season two.
    The story we have is pretty self-contained? Unless a new family is brought in or something. But all the mysteries have been solved already!

2. I read the director wants to do season 2 but with a new cast/story.

3. A new season would be tricky, We know the goings on of the house. I would probably be up for watching Poppy and the bowler hat guy's backstory though. Either that or just give Theo her own spin off.

4. The director said the story of this family is finished for him. So if there is another season, it will be a nother family and/or location. They could do a "Haunting of ...." each season. They could even go the AHS route and have the same cast but play other characters.

Anyway I finished watching this yesterday, this show was fantastic. I started for the horror and stayed for the drama. There was so much emotion in this show I cried several times. As someone who experienced grief several times in the past few years it really hit close to home for me.

Also Ep8, the scariest scare I've ever seen, me and my bf seriously jumped.

I will miss this show so much. I loved pretty much all characters as adults and children. It's hard to say goodbye to them, what a show! I wasn't let down with the finale at all but I can understand if others have problems with it.

5. SBK

SBK

It really doesn't need a second series.

I'm sure they'll find a way to make one though...
    Yeah, the ending was a let down for me as well. I loved it right up until the second half of the last episode, I could see where it was going. I'm not sure what I expected to happen really, or what they could have done better, but I just felt a little bit unfulfilled.

I'm not sure how I feel about a second series. Where would it go?

So like American Horror Story?

MB likes this.
  6. The acoustic guitar ending featuring bad old people make-up was a very jarring tonal shift but very Mike Flanagan. Gave me Hush and Gerald's Game teas.

Judy Jetson Hooker and LPT like this.
  7. Would perhaps love seeing an "origin story" kind of thing. How did the Red Room come to be? Get some warlocks, show the previous families etc. Would ruin a bit of mystery, but if done right, could be brilliant.

8. One question about Steve‘s wife:

In the very end she was indeed pregnant, how?! I thought he couldn‘t do it. Wish there was a quick explanation

LPT likes this.
  9. Vasectomies are reversible, and usually have a 100% success rate when reversed in every TV universe.

Alenko and ThighHighs like this.
  10. I can't stop thinking about this damn show.

11. I hope some Emmys are involved, because the acting is stellar. The long, continuous takes in the episode about Nell's funeral features some fantastic acting.

12. Just passing by to say this is the best show I've seen in years. Episode 5 would be the best horror movie this year along with 'Hereditary' if it lasted 30 minutes more and episode 6 fascinated me at all levels, it even gave me some 'Six Feet Under' vibes, damn! Mike Flanagan is a genius.

Alenko likes this.
  13. I just finished episode 9 and I loved how it tied so much together with Olivia’s story.

My biggest issue is with the casting of the father in both timelines. In the past he’s a dweeb and in the present day his scenes tend to drag.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  14. Oh, lord.

I watched episode 5 (The Bent-Neck Lady) last night and still today it haunts me.
    70 minutes of pure bliss made television.

I've been listening to the score, and the last five tracks, starting with:

are wrecking me.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  15. Did anyone else get teared up during moments in the last episode? I mean, before the warm colors and white-guy-with-a-guitar music started. Olivia's parting exchanging with her husband and Nell's monologue in the Red Room both had me choked up. The characters are definitely the strength of the show.

That and those goosebump-inducing background ghosts. Lake Mungo teas.

Alenko and Bangers&Bops like this.
  16. „The rest is just confetti“.

This speech destroyed me.

seaodw and johnny_tsunami like this.
  17. None of you could see me.
    Nobody could see me.

[​IMG]

18. I just finished the series and thoroughly enjoyed it, finale included. The strength of the writing & acting throughout and the brilliant development of the family dynamics warranted them getting a bit cheesy with the ending. I thought it was all great. As most people mentioned, episode 5 was a truly heartbreaking highlight.

Also, Oliver Jackson-Cohen will be haunting me for the foreseeable future. What a gloriously-sculpted man. And he can act! I've discovered he plays a gay character in a BBC film so I'ma go download that right the fuck now...

19. Ddddd I hate that confetti monologue.

20. Loved it but really underwhelmed by the finale, I just feel like I didn’t get the closure I’d hoped for and reveal regarding the red room was quite obvious.

That said, I’m desperate for something else along the same lines to watch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.