The Hills and beyond. | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

The Hills and beyond.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Cuppy, Feb 24, 2009.

1. They had 0 chemistry.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. I am not fully caught up yet (on the Vegas episode) but I literally love Stephanie Pratt. Mischa is also really enjoyable so far.

3. It's all fake as anything but it's more enjoyable than I thought it would be. That said, if this was cancelled I wouldn't be bothered at all.

Nwonder likes this.
  4. Im watching Heidi on The Hills lip-syncing to Superficial and filming it on her phone. Icon.

OlliMaus and lushLuck like this.
  5. Damn I need to find this so I can watch it ASAP! I need to re-live my Heidi fandom as a teen and the fact that I went to fashion college because of this show and then found it so boring and got a job in something else.

Nwonder and James2009 like this.
  6. She is not the likable villain she was in the original run. She is probably my least favorite of the female cast that returned. Poor Whitney.

7. According to the preview we see Heidi 'in the studio' next week.

8. Thing is she was never really a villain. She basically never did anything wrong. Lauren was nasty and gang-handed.

9. Scream, well to each their own.

Robbietoxic, lushLuck and OlliMaus like this.
  11. I mean Spencer was and has always been the Villain. Heidi is just his sidekick.

12. I'm dreading every second Justin Bobby is on screen. I find him incredibly unbearable.

That said, I loved Heidi's Bachelorette party. And maybe - just maybe - I watched it three times already. I loose it everytime Stephanie screams "SPEIDII SPEEIDIII" as a toast. Also Heidi leaving her own Bachelorette party early is a mood.

lushLuck and bonnieetclyde like this.
  13. I was such a diehard fan of Laguna and The Hills but I couldn’t even make it through two episodes of this. I understand that they wanted to change things up but none of the stories seem interesting at all and I’m shocked at how little I care about the cast even though I like them all (especially Heidi, Whitney and Audrina). I actually think a show in the original format could have worked if they had brought in a new generation of girls that had just moved to LA and found a compelling and likeable main character like Lauren. Siesta Key did the faux-reality thing pretty well for a modern show and it would work even better in this familiar setting.

colouroffensive and lushLuck like this.
  14. It is very boring. Heidi and Spencer are the opposite of what they once were and are probably the most normal now, along with Whitney.

Audrina is tired. Her life still revolving around Justin Bobby drama. Please...

They are all acting, this show is fake as can be but it's clear the producers have attempted to make Stephanie a villian and she's being asked to act and behave in a way which just seems out of character and rather annoying now.

Everyone else in the cast is dull and Whitney is never there/being under-used. Why is she even in the main credits??

I really like Mischa but she isn't doing anything other than following Steph or Audrina around a shop or attending a party. Again, it's very boring.

They had the opportunity here of going in a completely different direction, which could have been really interesting. They could have put more focus on Brandon Lee and made him the main character. He's auditioning for roles and staring in a movie etc. The show could have taken a look behind the scenes of acting, going for auditions, filming TV/movies etc. Bring Pamela in for more of a supporting role. Even Mischa is trying to get back into acting so focus on her more too.
    Then you could have had the sideline stories of the partying and the fallouts etc. with the older cast members sort of popping in and out but not tha main focus.

But all this show is focussing on is the same argument over Audrina-Justin-Stephanie and it's just not enough to carry a whole show/season...

15. They all must be being told what to do though, Audrina's life has been nuts over the past decade and she's crying about JB? And why would JB and Stephanie even be in touch? It's all so bizarre. The podcast she does really is a solid listen but Stephanie really behaves like this is real life...I'm unsure whether she's acting really well or she's THAT delusional.

BTW if anyone has a spare 30 mins they had Kelly Cutrone on said podcast and it was...intense. Far more dramatic and interesting than literally anything on the show this season.

16. Does anyone really believe Lauren even worked at Peoples Revolution?! Their jobs were fake! Audrina did shit at Epic Records!

Edit: Oh listening to it Kelly literally just said "no one was ever really working there".

Oh my god the more I'm listening this is hilarious. Stephanie is so far removed from reality.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.