The Hipsterjustice Thread | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum

The Hipsterjustice Thread

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Mister Unicorn, May 3, 2014.

1. My KINGS return, yas.

2. For anyone who likes SOPHIE/PC Music, particularly at their more abrasive moments, this is pretty great.

LE0Night and constantino like this.

3. [​IMG]

4. Also I peeled through her album the other night and it kind of blindsided me a bit, it's really beautiful. It's what Grouper would sound like if she actually possessed a physical form.

And this is a bit Final Fantasy X Trip To The Farplane or whatever. Very pretty.

backstreetjoe and constantino like this.
  5. @LE0Night yas, stan Miss Villain!

You better be including her in your September chart ballot.

LE0Night likes this.
    LE0Night and constantino like this.

7. Features Sampha, Ibeyi, Wiki and Kamasi Washington, and samples the Grace Jones version of Nightclubbing. It's pretty good.

8. Haven't found any mention of them, so I'm posting here: Florida band Hundred Waters will be releasing their third LP Communicating next week, and the new song posted today makes me feel like it might be even more amazing than their 2014 minor masterpiece The Moon Rang Like a Bell.

LE0Night, HeartSwells and constantino like this.
  9. 'Wave To Anchor' is very cool.

10. NOT them giving us a fucking BOP.

flyingwill likes this.
  11. Norwegian feminist punk band extraordinaire Sløtface will be releasing their debut album Try Not to Freak Out this Friday and if the singles are any indication this will top Charly Bliss' Guppy as the most exhilarating 90s-inspired power pop album of the year:

Those goddamn riffs and basslines and vocal melodies.

They also did a cool cover of Lorde's "Supercut" (which she aknowledged on Twitter):

constantino, Diet Pop! and LE0Night like this.
  12. So the bassist of Cocteau Twins (Simon Raymonde) has teamed up with another guy with for a group project and they released this single the other day featuring someone named Beth Cannon, I've never heard of her before but she sounds like the absolute spitting image of Martha Wainwright and the song is fantastic.

A&E, fancygreen, Andy French and 3 others like this.
  13. Just listened to Blue Hawaii "Versus Game." Wow! Fantastic song. I feel the current pop landscape is tinny and overproduced, so to hear something soft & understated that still has that pop urgency is so refreshing.

Do you guys know Simian Ghost? Their 4th (self-titled) album's about to come out on Sept 29. I've been a fan of theirs for a while and this is shaping up to be their poppiest record yet. Here's one of the singles "When You're Ready":

LE0Night likes this.
  14. Aries and Andy French like this.
  15. Oh worm? This is an excellent excuse for me to give MBV another shot.

[​IMG]

I'm ready.

LE0Night likes this.
  16. Um?????????? How did I not know that The Necessaries' Event Horizon finally got a long-overdue reissue last week?
    [​IMG]

fancygreen likes this.
  17. A new MBV album would be some good shit.

Andy French likes this.
  18. LE0Night and BikeThief like this.
  19. So after being peripherally interested in Godspeed You Black Emperor, I'm about halfway through their album that just came out today and it's pretty great.

The "Bosses Hang" trilogy is beautiful.

constantino, LE0Night and fancygreen like this.
  20. If you're of the ones who caught it last year (and if you're not then FIX IT), Half Waif's extremely wonderful art-pop opus Probable Depths is getting a pressing on blue vinyl in a bit, including a new 9-minute bonus track.

constantino likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.