The Jurassic Park Franchise | The Popjustice Forum

The Jurassic Park Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Hudweiser, Oct 17, 2013.

1. View attachment 404

I am SO excited for this, though upon realising I'll be 37 when it comes out it feels an age away!

Love, love, LOVE this film series, even the largely un-loved second one, which, once you get through the slow burn first hour or so, rocks it with that awesome trailer-over-the-cliff sequence, the Velociraptors in the long grass, and the T-Rex in downtown San Diego.

The first one needs no further explanation as to its awesomeness.

Third one is over too quick, but at least brings it action wise in 90 minutes, and it's the only one I got to see on the big screen.

2. I'm in love with the first one.

It's such a perfect 90's movie.

3. amazing in 3d blu-ray too... looking forward to the next one

4. I refuse to watch the first one on blu-ray.

VHS is the only way to go.

5. duckface

duckface Guest

Shocked and appalled that clockers didn't start this thread.

The Official duckface Opinion:

Jurassic Park - 10/10. Horrifying and also consistently hilarious.
    Jurassic Park: The Lost World - 7/10. I hate Jeff Goldblum but Julianne Moore makes up for it.
    Jurassic Park III - 4/10. Literally the worst thing ever, all I remember is the scene where they talk about poop.

6. Jurassic Park is one of the only series I can watch endlessly and never get tired of it. duckface nailed it although I actually like the third one for mindless action (and I liked Trevor Morgan when I was younger.)

7. I haven't seen it in a while but I don't remember the 3rd film being that bad!?

8. The third was wasn't bad, it was nice to see Grant and Ellie again, but storywise it was just made up from leftover scenes from the books.

I'd love if the next film starred Tim and Lex.

9. The third one featured the double-whammy chalk-on-blackboard irritant of Tea Leoni and William H Macey

10. The third was great, much prefer it to the second.

11. duckface

duckface Guest

I particularly enjoyed the parts when the entire U.S. Navy came to rescue three people from an island, and when said U.S. Navy allowed a flock of pterodactyls to fly away to breed and wreak havoc on humanity because it looked pretty.

12. Jurassic Park is probably in my Top 5 movies of all time. The definition of perfect. The second two are serviceable / enjoyable but no where near the dizzying heights of flawlessness that the first reaches.

13. Wouldn't worst thing ever constitute less than a 4/10, like 0/10?

Booers likes this.
  14. haha! I thought the same thing. I mean if a 4 is the worst thing ever.... 0,1,2,3 must be, well I don't know.

15. duckface

duckface Guest

Worst thing ever by comparison. It's still watchable, it's just the The Phantom Menace of the lot.

16. Bet this gets pushed back to 2016.

17. I remember being massively disappointed that the second movie bore very little resemblance to the book. Arby Benton and Kelly Curtis became Kelly Malcolm, Richard Levine was obliterated from existence and some of his traits were given to Sarah Harding, the funky chameleon dinosaurs never showed up, and Dodgson and co were replaced by an InGen-funded task force. I would have loved the scene where the raptors roll a kid in a cage back to their nest. The only scenes that bore any resemblance to the book were the trailer hanging off the cliff and the parts where they make it to the compound.

The Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels, it actually contains a lot of material inspired by George Lucas' first draft of A New Hope. Attack Of The Clones is the shitty one, apart from that great chase scene at the beginning I couldn't even begin to tell you what it was about...

18. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

The first one is always entertaining to watch. It's ceased being remotely scary to me, but it's always a boatload of fun.

I always thought Laura Dern was an ace piece of casting in a blockbuster too.

19. [video=youtube;RFinNxS5KN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4[/video]
    So… It's coming.
    Surprisingly (to me) it looks great. The films of this franchise look extremely old school to me but it has always been a good candidate for a new, modernised, episode.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  20. I WANT TO SEE IT NOW.

I hope its not too shit with some sort of DINO-HUMAN hybrid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.