The K-PopJustice Forum Reader's Poll 2020 | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

The K-PopJustice Forum Reader's Poll 2020

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by aux, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Lisa #2 best rapper, just like in her group.

[​IMG]

Island, An Insider, Rem and 21 others like this.
  2. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Sowon deserves top 5 simply for existing.

As for Moonbyul, please tell me who voted for her @aux @BEST FICTION @thommyh because that shit smells like
    [​IMG]

Island, Love Deluxe, Rem and 20 others like this.
  3. Me voting Sowon for Fave Rapper simply because of the high kick she does in the MAGO choreography because I already voted Jisoo for Fave Visual.

[​IMG]

4. Slice of Life

@Wills liking this post....... I know you are a MAGAPOO stan and therefore you voted for Moonbyul!!!!!!!! Don't deny it!!!!

Luck, Island, tea and 17 others like this.
  5. You’re welcome <3

Rem, ysev, Kuhleezi and 6 others like this.
  6. This fucking narrative is going to haunt me forever!!! And I just checked my ballot:
    So unless our hosts decided to play Mad Libs, I'm off the hook!

Island, tea, Rem and 10 others like this.
  7. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

Luck, Island, Rem and 12 others like this.
  8. Slice of Life

Me successfully framing @Wills unnie as a Mamamoo AND a Super Junior stan
    [​IMG]

Island, OspreyQueen, tea and 18 others like this.
  9. Me running an entire Sweetune rate and shoehorning nugu bgs into every conversation............. only for this to be my legacy
    [​IMG]

Island, OspreyQueen, tea and 20 others like this.
  10. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I took all these categories too seriously and forgot we're not supposed to

[​IMG]

Island, tea, Rem and 19 others like this.
  11. Island, tea, Rem and 16 others like this.
  12. I was also going to have words about Taemin only getting 5th in Best Dancer but then realized I voted Chunga so ...

Island, aux, thommyh and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sowon top 3 rappers when I gave my vote to the number 1 place Yeeun! I’ll take this as a double win thank you very much.

[​IMG]

tea, Rem, nikkysan and 14 others like this.
  14. [​IMG]
    2. Wonder Girls
    3. Girls Generation

As what will come as no surprise to anyone, BoA absolutely SWEEPED this category, and rightfully so. Debuting in K-Pop at 13 after being scouted by chance after attending an SM audition for her older brother, she was swept into the limelight with her debut album ID; Peace B, which peaked at #10 and sold over 150,000 copies in Korea. Soon after SM focused their sights on the Japanese market, where BoA became the first Korean artist to have an album appear on the Oricon charts. And not only did it appear, but it hit #1 and sold over 200,000 copies in it's first week, going on to sell over 1 million units in it's 91 week run. She remains the only foreign artist to have three albums sell more than 1 million units in Japan, and joins a prestigous line up with Ayumi Hamasaki & Utada Hikaru as the only artists with 6 consecutive #1 albums in Japan. She also was the first of her peers to attempt a career in the United States, releasing a full length English album in 2009 which charted at #127, becoming the first K-Pop album to chart in the US... ever.
    So not only did she break down doors in Korea, she also was the first to chart in Japan AND the US, territories that other K-Pop and "Not K-Pop" groups now thrive in. She quite literally paved the way on her own, and 20 years into her career is still one of the most impressive & talented performers that has ever spawn from South Korea and the world, in general. Give it up for this legend!

The voters also showed some respect for Wonder Girls, who's track Nobody was the very first K-Pop song to chart in the US at #76 in 2009. They also performed on So You Think You Can Dance and The Wendy Williams Program that year, becoming one of the first Korean acts to perform in the US. Billboard also credits them for the creation of their K-Pop chart and section on their website. That's literal impact. Girls Generation also tried their hand at a US takeover, with The Boys being performed on David Letterman & Live! with Kelly and Michael in 2012. They also had a massive career in Japan, selling a million copies of their album becoming only one of two K-Pop artists to do this... The other being BoA.

So essentially women created K-Pop internationally. Let's celebrate these queens!​

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Luck, Dreampopboy, Island and 36 others like this.
  15. I love how a certain boygroup group would be a contender for winning if this category was run on any other part of the internet but we don't even acknowledge their existence. That's why I've been here for 5 years.

16. Just to emphasise how little they got, the single digit votes received were for Apink, Blackpink, Twice, Sori, Yukika, DJ HYO, Jessi & Halsey....

[​IMG]

Luck, Dreampopboy, Island and 27 others like this.
  17. I HATE Y'ALL SO MUCH FFFFF

Oh they'll be acknowledged alright [​IMG]

18. aux

aux

[​IMG]
    2. Karina / æ-Karina (aespa)
    3. Yeonjun (TXT)
    4. Chuu (LOONA)
    5. STAYC

STAYC girls, it's going down! I won't lie girls, this category was a fucking mess. Some of you voted for whole groups, the votes were pretty much split across different members of aespa as well, @Trinu 3.0 voting for me... Yeah, it was a mess.

Our winner is Yoon from STAYC, who K-PopJustice claims to be Korea's next it girl. What is there to say about Yoon? She's perfect, she's beautiful, she looks like Linda Evangelista, she's a model! Everything about her is perfect. Did she stone those tights? Oh, she's smiling! We eat her up every single time she's on that damn stage. She could walk out there in a fucking diaper and we'd be like "Yoon! Your smile is beautiful!"

Next up, it's Karina / æ-Karina from the new divisive girl group aespa. Before she even made her debut, she already had the netizens shaking after texts leaked from her shaded members of BTS, EXO and NCT. Yeonjun from TXT is next on our list, which... I can kinda see? I personally see Soobin as the next It Girl if we're solely looking at TXT.

Chuu from LOONA reappears again, this time as the One to Watch which makes total sense. Chuu is getting a lot of promotion right now in South Korea, with her own YouTube channel and just having made an appearance on Running Girls alongside Sunmi, YooA, Chung Ha and Hani. And because STAYC are so powerful, the entire group got several mentions as well, enough to make it onto the top five.​

19. Yoon and Karina definitely feel like the correct predictions.

I was about to say Karina reminds me of Irene and... welp ddd
    @SM What is the good sis' MisandryJustice username?

Soobin is definitely the "people's sweetheart" of the group, but I associate the it-girl/it-boy thing more closely with bold #lewks, fierce stage presence and viral moments, which is why I voted for Yeonjun.

20. Moonbyul over Dami and Soyeon?

[​IMG]

Island, R92, Rem and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.