The K-PopJustice Forum Reader's Poll 2020 | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

The K-PopJustice Forum Reader's Poll 2020

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by aux, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Why does this look exactly like SinB's outfit and haircut in MAGO except in different colors fff
    Fighting game alternate costume teas.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    He, RUNAWAY, KimLippington and 20 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]
    2. Endless Night - Dreamcatcher
    3. Everlasting Shine - TXT
    4. #GirlsSpkOut - Taeyeon

We all knew this was coming. BETTER by Twice literally ran away with this vote. It was released as their seventh single in Japan in November 2020 and instantly made an impact on the forum. It peaked at #2 on the Oricon Weekly Charts selling 83, 764 copies in its first week. It sold 101,998 copies in 2020 and was the 42nd best selling single of the year. Thankfully it greatly improved in quality over Fanfare, which was a regression in their Japanese career after releasing a stellar original Japanese album in 2019. Here’s hoping whatever album they drop in Japanese continues down this path, cause it’s working for them!

Endless Night by Dreamcatcher is also an excellent single and earned its spot here. It was their first original Japanese single and it was about time! Their sound perfectly fits with the J-Rock sound, and it peaked at #13 on the Oricon Weekly Charts.
    I’ve personally never heard this TXT song, but when I was in Japan back in January 2020, these boys were everywhere. They had a deal with Shibuya 109 to promote Run Away, so it was playing everywhere. Everlasting Shine was part of their DRAMA single which peaked at #3 on the Oricon Weekly Charts and became the 44th best selling single of 2020.
    Taeyeon followed up her VOICE mini album with #GirlsSpkOut in 2020. The title track features Jpop singer Chanmina. The mini album charted at #9 on the Oricon Weekly Charts.
    Other votes included 24H by Seventeen, which is amazing and includes Wonwoo’s abs, so we love that. Fanfare by Twice also received a vote, so their Japan domination continues. We also received a vote from @Trinu 3.0 for an Ayumi Hamasaki single so.. yeah. Also I said it before but stream to Oh My Girl’s Lemonade, Tear Rain & Etoile x

Doenjang, Luck, Dreampopboy and 34 others like this.
  3. Was it Egg

Doenjang, He, Island and 17 others like this.

4. uwu

Doenjang, He, Island and 15 others like this.
  5. Was it Butterfly?

He, Island, Monkey0 and 17 others like this.
  6. Not IZ*ONE's japanese debut album not getting one single vote. Not even from me! Poor ha.

Island, BEST FICTION, thommyh and 9 others like this.
  7. aux

aux

[​IMG]
    2. Dream of You - Chungha & R3HAB
    3. Ice Cream - BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez
    4. Helicopter - CLC
    5. 0415 - Yerin Baek

But wow, what a moment, a moment most pleasing to me in my career. "Star" by LOONA was the winner here by a large margin which is great to see considering how immense the song is. It was apparently written in English originally before being translated into Korean for "Voice", which makes absolute sense since the lyrics of "Star" are excellent by K-Pop standards. Allegedly, "Star" / "Voice" was meant to be a single back during Summer 2020, but was subsequently delayed and tacked onto the album [12:00]. I really wish it could've gotten the full single treatment as a comeback, but regardless, this has been a small triumph for them. The song is still getting some pretty decent airplay on US pop radio, reaching a peak #45 just a couple hours ago, so it's still rising!

Up next is Dream of You by Chungha which is another solid offer from the covid chanteuse. This is probably my least favourite out of all the singles for her album, but it's still a bop, so no complaints from me.

Down the line, it's BJÖRKPINK in our area with yet another divisive song. I won't lie, much like "How You Like That", this grew on me severely. It's trash, but I can't make the music not bop. This was allegedly meant to feature Ariana Grande, but after Scooter Braun begged for more royalties for her, they ended up pulling her from the song and slapping Selena Gomez on it.

Our penultimate entry is "Helicopter" which knocks both in English and Korean, it's a great disbandment single even if it has aged since its release. And finally, we close out with "0415" by Yerin Baek, a light dance song, perfect for any coffee shop across Korea and the rest of the world.​

Doenjang, Luck, Dreampopboy and 31 others like this.
  8. "Voice" is the best LOONA track to date.

9. Well, the category said "Artist who needs to come back in 2021", so I voted for Lee Hyori.

And no votes for "I CAN'T STOP ME (ENGLISH VER.)"? Blasphemy!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  10. Star is the rightful winner!
    They got one vote from me tho

11. [​IMG]

12. Not this queen getting a placement even without a vote from me! (I voted for BETTER)

SO NANDOMO NANDOMO

This video of an Ukrainian choir singing Star has been my guilty pleasure lately ddd

He, clowezra, RUNAWAY and 14 others like this.
  13. [​IMG]

Dreampopboy, bimbo, evilsin and 13 others like this.
  14. I voted for Dream Of You, but I’m glad some people played the part like Moses and kept it fresh like roses. Let me add this to my Google Doc of the song’s acclaim on yearend lists.

He, RUNAWAY, Rem and 7 others like this.
  15. [​IMG]

This absolutely and deservedly sweeped nn. A couple other songs got votes, but only like.. a vote each ff.

Red Velvet released this very cute & dreamy lil City Pop flavoured OST for the K-Drama show "START-UP". There's not much to say really, the girls just sound really really good on it as usual, and it could slot in perfectly on one of their albums alongside like "Look" or "Ladies Night". It also helps pull in voters for this song when it's like one of their only releases as a group for the year fff.

Usually, OSTs are very dreary and very ballad-heavy, with not much... variance at all between them nn, but thankfully 2020s offerings were a little bit of a serve and exciting. I've been keeping a small playlist of this year's more refreshing OSTs so feel free to peruse my wares x

The other must-hears I'd say would be the first six songs listed, so yeah!

Doenjang, Love Deluxe, Luck and 32 others like this.
  16. Who the hell voted for Ice Cream? I just wanna talk.

He, bimbo, Kuhleezi and 15 others like this.
  17. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

If Red Velvet hadn't released Future which is like....... a perfect song, I would've voted for Hello Stranger. It's easily one of the best boygroup releases of 2020 ddddd doesn't feel like an OST at all.

Monkey0, RUNAWAY, Trinu 3.0 and 3 others like this.
  18. The moment Red Velvet has a synthpop-inspired comeback with 'Future', 'Look' and 'Body Talk' as the blueprints for the sound, is the moment humanity will finally reach world peace.

clowezra, bimbo, ysev and 18 others like this.
  19. 'Future' is such an amazing song. Like it's an easy 10. The perfect mix of grace, delicacy and sultriness wrapped in a dreamy blanket. Also, miss Wanda sounding a little too good on that bridge.

bimbo, ysev, codecat and 13 others like this.
  20. Y'all just leaving us at #459 so I can't post the next result.

[​IMG]

Doenjang, Vixen, He and 22 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.